Which steels to put on my S3

beko1987

Been looking out of the office window at my truck and the wheels and tyres disgust me! I've found tyres (I think) but don't know what size rims to buy. I 'm sure it's all standard under there, anyone got any links or ideas on what I should be looking for? Looking for mainly on-road performance for now.

Found some 235/85/R16 tyres on 4x4 tyres.com that I think will fit (after some google searching), and the reccommendations for the steels make no sense!

Cheers

Personally; I would go with a 7" wide rim for a 235. Even though it is true they will fit on narrower rims, a 5.5 would be dangerous, and a 6" just on the edge safety wise. Also if you did end up going off road in the future, a 235 on a 6" aired down is asking for beads to pop. I personally like the look of the Nato wheels on Series trucks, but that's my .02 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I just fitted some 7x16 Black modulars with 235/85/16 machos on my neighbours series III & they have transformed the way it looks. It looks so much better like they were the wheels/tyres that should be on it. They seem to fit straight on with no problems whatsoever, he's really happy with them.