AWDC Howlin' Wolf - Round 8

simonr

Just thought I'd thank Niel, the competitors and in particular the Marshals for a very cool weekend! Everyone I spoke to was very Jolly (particularly those in Tim's trailer last night ;) ).

Hope you all got home safely.

I'll upload some photos when Camera, PC & lead are all in the same place!

Si

a big thanks to neil, to carol, the scruiteneers, to all of the marshalls, and to all the sponsors who have put together and laid out the uk's premier winch challenge series. helmets off to the lot of you. cheers.

another good result for chris and i. it was the end of an era today since the range rover is now sold. we shall see if next year will bring the success that this year has?

still quite amazed at todays result, despite the rather less than special start from chris and myself. (admitadly i had a bit of a monk on)(i had my reasons!)

see you all at the dinner dance.

Pictures are now online here: Clicky

Cheers to Big Blue for taking the prize givings pics... My sister and mum got some cracking shots as well, I'll upload them later in the week once I steal find their cameras...

Hope everyone had a good day. We did until about half 3 when Andy's rangie went 'clonk' during a competitor recovery. Which then became a Chief Marshal recovery. Collecting punches and sections in the dark is not that fun...

Was nice to find out I won the marshals draw when I got back though, cheers to Si at X-Eng for the battery!

Need sleep.... now! :blink:

P.S. Si, your sweary anger at falling in the water was great. Take note of those words children! :D

Event results now posted

HERE

I'd just like to reprise my thanks from the prizegiving to all those that have made this year's series the huge success that I personally feel it has been...

All the landowners who allow us to play and without whom there would be no events :D

SimonR for his support at this event and the 7 other sponsors who have been so generous :D

Carole for being Carole :D

The Surrey Mafia - Andy, Simon, Phil, John, Alice, Matt, Lee :D

The Northern Counties Green Laners - all of them - but especially those that have followed the event around the country at huge personal cost both in terms of time and finance - BB, The Badgers, Ant, Glaggs, Risoman :D

and of course Northern Brian who brightens all of our days with his jocularity :rolleyes:

BUT, most of all the thanks have to go to the teams who have supported our efforts and hopefully will continue to do so, without any teams, we would have no reason to do this ;)

The final championship points and results will be posted tomorrow.

See you all at the Dinner Dance :P :P

Well done to Chris and Si you ended the year as you began, victorious!

Well done also to Richard and Nick, a stellar performance today sealed the cat 2 series win. It made it worth the trek down!

However a big thank you has to go to Niel and Carole for organising yet again as Si says 'the premier' challenge series. Not many realize how much effort you put in to keep raising the bar on this national series and you rarely get credit.

So I am sure everyone will agree that you have done an amazing job this year. Thanks!

Right off for a much needed shower. See you all at the dinner dance if not next March.

BB...

Cheers to all organisers and sponsors - dam good fun the whole event.

Shame its all over now till next year. Not that I have a ride next year but hey ho.

Oy Si, so the map in the puddle didn't help then . . .. . . :lol:

cheers again all, bring on an even harder event next year. especially for the winch people, as that means Adrian will need to get fit... lol... that'll be the day.

Everyone I spoke to was very Jolly (particularly those in Tim's trailer last night ;) ).

I blame Chris's port,, again :lol:

Would like to thank all the competitors,, for a great days spectating !! particularly Nobby and his lad on 6 and 7 i think ?? No fear mate :o

Yet another cracking event. A really big thank you to everyone involved in the setting up and running these events, we had a great time, despite, blowing a tyre, starter motor failing on the special stage (losing about 400 points) and the oil light coming on near the end of the day.

Madly we will be back next year

i would just like to thank all the organisers, marshalls and fellow compeitors for making this year a very enjoyable one, i had a cracking day and despite destroying the little freespool gear in my 8274 (huge thanks to adrian turner for the replacement) breaking the clutch bracket when i ran over my ground anchor (oooops - i blame the winch bitch) i didnt really try and go all out to win anything has i had already secured my 2nd in class championship result, so i had a good day and just took it easy apart from the special stage were i was waiting for my engine to go bang for the abuse it was recieveing. thanks again all hope to see you at th dinner dance

You been up to your death defying antics again Nobby? :blink:

lets put it this way

Tim and Chris were bored so they talked us into doing it........ :P i was half way up the first bank and i thought i dnt think i should be here im only in standard class, but there was no going back only 1 way and that was forward or down as the case may be but after a few twitchy momments and a few calls of "hold on Dad this could be naughty" we got to the 1st punch we then had to get to the other which was another story with similar shouts of fear from Nath but considering its only his 3rd event im proud of him he done well

im sure Chris or Tim have got some good pics of the silly event

tnx to Chris and Simon for the jump start at the end of it as my starter died

Nobby

A big thanks to Neil and the team for another years event. Well done to all the winners of the classes and to the sponsors

for there input. Hopefully the sections will be as mixed next year as this.

A big thanks to Pigster for running like a dog all year and to my stand in co-drivers.

Next year i'll be in the left seat out to kick ar$e!

I would like to say a big thank you to all the AWDC team & sponsors for a fantastic year. :i-m_so_happy:

It was hard work on Sunday the punches were difficult the weather was against us, and I felt like Cr@p <_< , however we still pushed on and finished the season on a High! :D

It’s sad to see the Range Rover go, but at least it will be back for the HW2009 with Kev behind the wheel and Alistar Darlings lookalike in the passenger seat! :lol:

we won’t be doing the whole series next year because the new buggy won’t be finished in time, however we might turn up to a few round’s to chuck a spanner in the works. :rolleyes:

Well another thank you, to all teams,organisors,marshalls and sponsors, as with any one component missing it all falls apart. Bit of a poor year for us due to breakages.This event proved no different when we lost drive to the rear and had to come off the punch and retire early on. The good point is that it gave us another chance to walk around and see everyone else working hard. Tracey is thinking about ducking out next year but keeps changing her mind so i may be in the market for a new co-driver or then again i may not!!!! Time will tell. Any offers please contact me.See you all next year.

It was a great event; I went to watch and it looked good fun <_<

I did bring my video camera but completely forgot to take any videos due to me constantly being distracted

I watched Chris through many of the sections and all I can say is that I was very impressed :) Alistar Darling is quite a lucky chap owning the vehicle and I

am glad to see it will be at the howlin wolf next year.

If all goes to plan I should at least be competing in the last few events in my Unimog… but then who knows at my current build speed it might be the 2010 series :).

Thanks

Tom

It was a great event; I went to watch and it looked good fun <_<

I did bring my video camera but completely forgot to take any videos due to me constantly being distracted

I watched Chris through many of the sections and all I can say is that I was very impressed :) Alistar Darling is quite a lucky chap owning the vehicle and I

am glad to see it will be at the howlin wolf next year.

If all goes to plan I should at least be competing in the last few events in my Unimog… but then who knows at my current build speed it might be the 2010 series :).

Thanks

Tom

Tom mate, i'm not the new owner, but will be in the left seat next year........... plus when i see Chris next i'll have a quite word with a hammer <_<

Tom mate, i'm not the new owner, but will be in the left seat next year........... plus when i see Chris next i'll have a quite word with a hammer <_<

To be honest I am going to give up replying to topic’s soon; I am forever making mistakes :( . Saying that this one wasn’t my worst (only a seat away) :P

What a top weekend, many thanks to Neil and his team for a great day out and to Nick for driving me around the site all day. We had a good fun chilled out day and its certainly a good site to end the series on - well done guys. - anything else has already been said.

Just a quick one, what are the rules with tape getting broken? Is it a job for a marshal to make repairs?

I would rather a competitor repaired tape that had been accidentally damaged than leave it on the floor until a marshal happens upon it.

At least the next team to come along will know the intended line of the section.