Moderator positions available.

Les Henson

The site needs a few new Moderators for the following forums -

Military

Series (to partner with Mark)

For Sale/Wanted (currently covered by HFH)

If any members feel that they would be suited to any of these posts, then please post here or pm one of the Admins/Mods directly.

No perks

No wages

Very little thanks for doing it (what more do you need?)

You don't need to be an expert for whatever forum you feel you want to moderate, but it does help.

Les :)

All the responses we've had so far have been about the For Sale/Wanted sections - you guys want an easy life :rtfm:

Off the top of my slowly balding head - Diff, Roger Barton, FridgeFreezer - would be excellent for the Series forum. Pity they are too lazy to do it :angry:

Ooh! just spotted Mr Humphreys lurking - him too :)

Les :lol:

now come on this is a totally serious request to give existing members a oppurtunity to caretake one of the forum sections for the good of all.

Ralph

What makes you think I'm not serious?

All the responses we've had so far have been about the For Sale/Wanted sections - you guys want an easy life :rtfm:

Off the top of my slowly balding head - Diff, Roger Barton, FridgeFreezer - would be excellent for the Series forum. Pity they are too lazy to do it :angry:

Ooh! just spotted Mr Humphreys lurking - him too :)

Les :lol:

I do too much reading, also I do not have a LR now :ph34r:

Paul

I would add that I feel a moderator does not need to seen as the resident expert of the section for which they are responsible. Keeping a fair, impartial and balanced overview of threads and posts and being able to act accordingly if required is far more important.

Don't forget the best interests of the forum should come first and that you may need to moderate a friend, acquaintance, fellow club member, work acquaintance etc. The job ain't easy.

I think it would also be good to hear from interested members outside of the SW of the UK too.