Moderator positions available.

Les Henson

I put my hat in the ring by pm last night, but thought it better to 'come out'.

Does not being in the SW improve my chances of being selected :rolleyes:

John

I thought about the sales one, then thought again as I'd be militant on posts with unhelpful contributions and people expecting to get stuff for next to nothing. :lol:

A lot of people in and then out :( .

If the Mods want new mods to join them and have an idea who they want which it seems they do. Why not PM them direct and see their reaction. Rather than go through this public theatre to try and get their men to come forward? Or am I way wide of the mark

^^^^ Walfy you would be perfect for the Military section as you being a Engineer are pretty good at breaking em and then hiding the damge with green string and bodge tape.......................

^^^^ Walfy you would be perfect for the Military section as you being a Engineer are pretty good at breaking em and then hiding the damge with green string and bodge tape.......................

PMSL

It's real simple, and as open and as plain as can be.

We announce that we are looking for mods of whatever forums.

We discuss who we think is the best candidate in the A&M forum (even if they have shown no interest)

We then discuss who is best out of those that have applied for the job.

We then post who we would prefer to do the job/post a poll

So the members pretty-much have the final say (but it is controlled to a certain degree by us) - this is a necessary part of the process.

A new Admin is always selected from the current Moderators for obvious reasons, and is not voted on by members of the website. The new Admin will be announced shortly.

Appointment of new Mods is as open as possible.

Les.

A lot of people in and then out :( .

If the Mods want new mods to join them and have an idea who they want which it seems they do. Why not PM them direct and see their reaction. Rather than go through this public theatre to try and get their men to come forward? Or am I way wide of the mark

I think you may have the wrong end of the stick there Mark. I think people are referring to being 'out' as in 'out of the closet' as candidates rather than 'out of the running'. When I last looked there was no consensus one way or the other on most of the names.

Try not to look for a conspiracy where there is none. :P

Chris

My mistake there then. Not looking for a conspiracy ;) . I always assume coming out of the closet with other things which aren't nice :o .

So will the list of contenders be published or is it a sealed envelope auction stylee

This has been going on for days in the A+M forum, I would be happy to put the lot in a sealed envelope and put the lot in a shredder, I am that bored of it. The answer is that there is no set selection procedure but we are exploring ways of making the final decision as transparent as possible.

Chris

My mistake there then. Not looking for a conspiracy ;) . I always assume coming out of the closet with other things which aren't nice :o .

So will the list of contenders be published or is it a sealed envelope auction stylee

Perhaps it will be like strictly come dancing, with a judging panel (any guesses as to who would be Arlene, Len, Craig & Bruno) followed by a popular vote!

John

PS GBMUD is correct, coming out in my case means still in the ring but in the public domain.

It's all starting to look a little like an 'old boys club' which of course the mods and admin. are perfectly entitled to run as there are no rules or regs. that govern mod/admin appointments, (at least AFAIK)

However us newbies clearly don't have a 'cat in hells chance' - so for now I will respectfully withdraw my application.

I'll come back when I have a couple of thousand posts.

Good luck with whoever you decide to appoint.

It's all starting to look a little like an 'old boys club' which of course the mods and admin. are perfectly entitled to do as there are no rules or regs. that govern this. (at least AFAIK)

However us newbies clearly don't have a 'cat in hells chance' - so for now I will respectfully withdraw my application.

I'll come back when I have a couple of thousand posts.

Good luck with whoever you decide to appoint.

Well to be honest i think it would be right to give it to someone who has been here for a while and has posted a fair amount of useful post etc etc

Well to be honest i think it would be right to give it to someone who has been here for a while and has posted a fair amount of useful post etc etc

Of course...as I said it's the mods/admin's prerogative - however it wasn't made clear newbies like me need not bother expressing an interest.....

had it been I wouldn't have bothered.

As I say I'll come back when my post count is more than 2K...