Forum South West Challenge 2 (FSWC2)

JST

After all the interest in Bishs event it is obvious that there are a fair few people interested in a Challenge type event in the SW.

I originally stated that I would help out as required for Bish and discussed the idea with Pugwash regarding sites etc. I think things then moved on a little whilst I was away and then some stumbling blocks were hit.

Not wishing to pinch their idea, so maybe this could be Forum South West Challenge 2, I continued to do some digging.

I can get a site (vary £20-25 per vehicle depending on site) and I can get insurance £10 or £12 per vehicle (tbc). This would be a non profit making challenge in that the site fees goes to the land owner and the insurance straight to the affiliated club. You can join the club for 12mths if you wish. (a bit more cash £25 I think). To keep cost down I don’t intend to provide toilets or burger vans etc. If the majority were willing the price would increase slightly to include trophys 1/2/3 std and mod, or 1/2/3 all in same class (% scored for mod) as required. Please indicate.

I would email out insurance/club forms and competition forms prior to the event, chqs and forms would need to be returned to me prior to the event as I will have costs to meet. I don’t want to turn down vehicles after the places are filled and then find I can’t meet the site costs when some don’t turn up!!! No form or payment up front = no grid of site!

Sites are all Somerset/Devon based. Likely site is Mid Devon.

It would be open to any, although likely to be limited to 15 vehicles, depending on site to be used. I am awaiting confirmation on a site (Pugwash, Bish if you have sites!!!! You could let me know)

The event will be held on Sat 6 May 2006.

It would be a punch challenge, no special stages, 1 x winch and no locker = std class, a locker or more than 1 winch = modified. 50-60 punches. The aim will be to cater for all from std LR on AT through to TC/Tangomans truck.

I am happy to oversee the day but would appreciate some marshals/scrutineers and someone to help setup the course!!!!

Spectators allowed on site, although on foot only.

So all up I am after:

1. Names of Interested parties,

2. Opinion if you want to pay around £30 no prizes or a little more for prizes.

3. Some help with the day, only looking for 3 or 4 pax.

I must add I am still planning this one and need to judge interest and gain confirmation on the site, insurance is confirmed, its currently 80% a goer.

I am away until the 1 Mar so wont be responding until after then.

Limited to 15 vehicles at the moment, I am happy to take reserves at this point.

You will need as a minimum first aid kit, fire extinguisher, a winch, MOT’d, insured and taxed vehicle, winch blanket, tree strops, recovery points front and rear. Full regs will be distributed prior to the event. Winch experience.

If your interested and fancy giving it a go email me on:

greenmachine417@aol.com

subject: FSWC2 6 May

with your response 1-2 or 3 as applicable.

Hope to hear from you all.

1. TC

2. Mike Dunlop tbc

3. Exmoor Cop tbc

4. Nige tbc

5. Tubocharger

6. Trodden Masses tbc

7. TJ101

8. SimonR

9. Si White tbc.

Reserves

Marshalls

Add names here if you wish but please also email as above so i have a reply email for the forms (when they are produced)

1. TC

2. Mike Dunlop tbc

3. Exmoor Cop tbc

4. Nige tbc

5. Tubocharger

6. Trodden Masses tbc

7. TJ101

8. SimonR

9. Si White tbc.

Reserves

16. WALFY (dependant on work dates)

Marshalls

Add names here if you wish but please also email as above so i have a reply email for the forms (when they are produced)

Excellent James! Glad to hear you have had (considerably) more success than me. Can't offer a site at the moment, but maybe for round 2 of the FSWC2....? :unsure:

Sign me up!

1. TC

2. Mike Dunlop tbc

3. Exmoor Cop tbc

4. Nige tbc

5. Tubocharger

6. Trodden Masses tbc

7. TJ101

8. SimonR

9. Si White tbc.

10. Bishbosh

Not interested in prizes or trophies personally.

Looks like this to date then

1. TC

2. Mike Dunlop tbc

3. Exmoor Cop tbc

4. Nige tbc

5. Tubocharger

6. TJ101

7. SimonR

8. Si White - leave tbc

9. BishBosh

10. WALFY

11. Will Warne date tbc

Reserves

16. WALFY

Marshalls

Bugger,

would love to come but as i have just sold my rangie (on the grounds it won't go everywhere- you know what i mean), and am saving the pennies for a proper vehicle, then i won't have anything to drive!

Anyone got a spare seat?

1. TC

2. Mike Dunlop tbc

3. Exmoor Cop tbc

4. Nige tbc

5. Tubocharger

6. TJ101

7. SimonR

8. Si White - leave tbc

9. BishBosh

10. WALFY

11. Will Warne date tbc

12. Gavin (Southdown)

Reserves

16. WALFY

Marshalls

1. John T (tbc)

Site is looking likely to be Bickleigh or near Thorns Cross, both 10mins from Tiverton

Guest WALFY
1. TC

2. Mike Dunlop tbc

3. Exmoor Cop tbc

4. Nige tbc

5. Tubocharger

6. TJ101

7. SimonR

8. Si White - leave tbc

9. BishBosh

10. WALFY

11. Will Warne date tbc

12. Gavin (Southdown)

13. Ade Pope (Walfys mate)

Reserves

16. WALFY

Marshalls

1. John T (tbc)

Site is looking likely to be Bickleigh or near Thorns Cross, both 10mins from Tiverton

After all the interest in Bishs event it is obvious that there are a fair few people interested in a Challenge type event in the SW.

I originally stated that I would help out as required for Bish and discussed the idea with Pugwash regarding sites etc. I think things then moved on a little whilst I was away and then some stumbling blocks were hit.

Not wishing to pinch their idea, so maybe this could be Forum South West Challenge 2, I continued to do some digging.

I can get a site (vary £20-25 per vehicle depending on site) and I can get insurance £10 or £12 per vehicle (tbc). This would be a non profit making challenge in that the site fees goes to the land owner and the insurance straight to the affiliated club. You can join the club for 12mths if you wish. (a bit more cash £25 I think). To keep cost down I don’t intend to provide toilets or burger vans etc. If the majority were willing the price would increase slightly to include trophys 1/2/3 std and mod, or 1/2/3 all in same class (% scored for mod) as required. Please indicate.

I would email out insurance/club forms and competition forms prior to the event, chqs and forms would need to be returned to me prior to the event as I will have costs to meet. I don’t want to turn down vehicles after the places are filled and then find I can’t meet the site costs when some don’t turn up!!! No form or payment up front = no grid of site!

Sites are all Somerset/Devon based. Likely site is Mid Devon.

It would be open to any, although likely to be limited to 15 vehicles, depending on site to be used. I am awaiting confirmation on a site (Pugwash, Bish if you have sites!!!! You could let me know)

The event will be held on Sat 6 May 2006.

It would be a punch challenge, no special stages, 1 x winch and no locker = std class, a locker or more than 1 winch = modified. 50-60 punches. The aim will be to cater for all from std LR on AT through to TC/Tangomans truck.

I am happy to oversee the day but would appreciate some marshals/scrutineers and someone to help setup the course!!!!

Spectators allowed on site, although on foot only.

So all up I am after:

1. Names of Interested parties,

2. Opinion if you want to pay around £30 no prizes or a little more for prizes.

3. Some help with the day, only looking for 3 or 4 pax.

I must add I am still planning this one and need to judge interest and gain confirmation on the site, insurance is confirmed, its currently 80% a goer.

I am away until the 1 Mar so wont be responding until after then.

Limited to 15 vehicles at the moment, I am happy to take reserves at this point.

You will need as a minimum first aid kit, fire extinguisher, a winch, MOT’d, insured and taxed vehicle, winch blanket, tree strops, recovery points front and rear. Full regs will be distributed prior to the event. Winch experience.

If your interested and fancy giving it a go email me on:

greenmachine417@aol.com

subject: FSWC2 6 May

with your response 1-2 or 3 as applicable.

Hope to hear from you all.

Is this running under MSA insuracnce? if so does that mean i can have an ARC logbooked vehicle and not have to worry about mot etc?

Paul,

the insurance is through a club using their daily rate £10/£12 i believe it is. i have to go by there rules which is it must be MOTd and TAX'd. I am not sure if this is a condition of the insurance or a club imposed rule, either way any competing vehicles will need to be Tax'd and MOT'd.

Sorry. - take the camel.........

Just been to look at a site this weekend, things are lookin better than expected. Will confirm site in 2 weeks, th good news for thise travelling a fair way is its within 5mins of the motorway jct and easy to find.

James,

Would be quite interested as a marshal. I am planning of getting winch before then, but probably won't get chance to get the level of experience in using it that you are after...

Cheers

Mark

1. TC

2. Mike Dunlop tbc

3. Exmoor Cop tbc

4. Nige tbc

5. Tubocharger

6. TJ101

7. SimonR

8. Si White - leave tbc

9. BishBosh

10. WALFY

11. Will Warne date tbc

12. Gavin (Southdown)

13. Ade Pope (Walfys mate)

Reserves

16. WALFY

Marshalls

1. John T (tbc)

2. Mark C (tbc)

James,

Would be quite interested as a marshal. I am planning of getting winch before then, but probably won't get chance to get the level of experience in using it that you are after...

Cheers

Mark

1. TC

2. Mike Dunlop tbc

3. Exmoor Cop tbc

4. Nige tbc

5. Tubocharger

6. TJ101

7. SimonR

8. Si White - leave tbc

9. BishBosh

10. WALFY