200 BHP Mark Broken TD5 Bell Autos IRB Developments

kev td5

True but ian and pete have done a lot more than just bolt on bit's they have done day's and day's of live tuning plus other little trick's that no one has done before!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are both misunderstood my comments. I meant it's a simple install for anyone buying one - nothing to do with effort Pete & Ian put in to developing it.

i didnt have a standed turbo i had an hybrid turbo :P

The point that Pete and Ian are trying to get across is that their turbo is a straight swap for a standard turbo. :rolleyes:

Not sure how you come across in person Kev? But on the LR forums you come across as a complete f***wit and I can't help thinking that BAS and IRB would be better off promoting their own products

I need to re-book my Disco on the rolling road...

That was my chart from last year... (196bhp / 400Nm)

with a standard turbo

powercurve.jpg

since then I've got:

- a new AFM (mine was in agony)

- latest boost module from Pete (BAS)

- another map (I'm peaking at lower rpm now)

- proper exhaust system...

I must be over the 200bhp by now :rolleyes::lol:

Then I'll fit he VNT !!!

Another know of a proper clutch and gearbox ???? (got the feeling it will not last long)

as far as i know this is the first defender 2.5 td5 not 2.8 td5 to push out a genuine bhp figure over the 200 hp mark!!!!!

I know (and have seen) a few Matzker tuned D90 and D110 between 199bhp and 202 bhp (rolling road tested)

there must be others I'm sure... but always hard to see the charts

I know (and have seen) a few Matzker tuned D90 and D110 between 199bhp and 202 bhp (rolling road tested)

there must be others I'm sure... but always hard to see the charts

depends on the rolling road used as well, as alot of rolling road figures are complete fantasy.

You get this alot in the fast ford/VW/honda world. Garage develops kit for the performance brigade and offer up great BHP claims. You take your car there and give them a massive wedge of cash to fit the bits and set it up on their rolling road and get given a nice printout saying you have 20 gazillion bhp. Makes you feel much better about spending all your cash.

note!!!! I am NOT poking at BAS or IRB as i am completely sure they are very honest in their dyno work, as they have been utterly transparent on this forum in all their development work - including things that have gone badly as well as good. So i do very much believe they have got 200bhp. Just goes to show that a simple remap and intercooler wont give the magic 200bhp on a td5 - that its far more involved (and expensive) than that! Maybe some of the advertisers in the glossies need to make a point of that fact and back up their claims on an independant rolling road to back up their advertising claims.....

Good work guys.

The point that Pete and Ian are trying to get across is that their turbo is a straight swap for a standard turbo. :rolleyes:

Not sure how you come across in person Kev? But on the LR forums you come across as a complete f***wit and I can't help thinking that BAS and IRB would be better off promoting their own products

you ***....

[edited by Mod : PLEASE this is a kiddy safe site, PLEASE this sort pof thing stops NOW, any reoccurances will be heavily moderated, keep it sweet, polite and clean - any issues then PM the member and any issues with me modding this post PM Me - Nige]

Keep it clean and polite everyone :angry:

and polite

you [edited by Mod : PLEASE this is a kiddy safe site, PLEASE this sort pof thing stops NOW, any reoccurances will be heavily moderated, keep it sweet, polite and clean - any issues then PM the member and any issues with me modding this post PM Me - Nige]

and polite

DELETED

Wow - this just degenerated into a slagging match, doesnt make anyone look good and isnt great for the forum.

Also why the willy waving about a truck cab Vs. a CSW XS, i'm sure there are people on here with bags of money and some with sod all, but does it really matter???

oh dear - so what does that make me?

I had a lovely CSW 90 (so i'm obviously very rich then) and stripped all the seats and carpets out of the back, so basically now have a van top with side windows. Does that mean i'm now poor?

you f [edited by Mod : PLEASE this is a kiddy safe site, PLEASE this sort pof thing stops NOW, any reoccurances will be heavily moderated, keep it sweet, polite and clean - any issues then PM the member and any issues with me modding this post PM Me - Nige]

and polite

Uh oh, small man syndrome... :rolleyes:

Chris

you [edited by Mod : PLEASE this is a kiddy safe site, PLEASE this sort pof thing stops NOW, any reoccurances will be heavily moderated, keep it sweet, polite and clean - any issues then PM the member and any issues with me modding this post PM Me - Nige]

and polite

Riiiiiight:

- Taking it too seriously, 0 points.

- Nothing whatsoever to do with the tech, 0 points.

- Ability to take constructive criticism, 0 points. (You do come across as a bit of a knob and this has not helped that persona)

- Apparently knowing f**k all about the subject other than what's in the brochure, 0 points.

- Willy waggling, 0 points. (Who cares if yours is a CSW or a van? You're just arguing over some carpet. That's tragic.)

- Spelling, 0 points.

- Grammar, 0 points.

- Punctuation, 0 points.

- Profanity, 0 points.

- Exclamation marks, 0 points.

Oh yes:

- Advertising a business on the forum without making a donation to forum funds, potentially 0 points.

Pass the popcorn Al :P

Oh yes:

- Advertising a business on the forum without making a donation to forum funds AND a promo code for members discount on VGT kits potentially -100 points.

Fixed it for you John :rolleyes:

The worst thing is it kinda looks bad or IRB and BAS as their first production setup is being pimped about by a bloke who is swearing about everyone and being generally offensive.

Right

Just spent far too long Moderating the above for unsuitable langauge and comments

This stops NOW, please note Kev, no more, if you have issues PM the mod team,

or take to PM with any of the posters, further outbursts of this type will not be allowed.

I am locking this thread before it degenerates any further

The End

Nige