How Long Do You Take.......

D3DPE

Ok So most of us have been out competing in our landys recently.

How long do you spend cleaning it after wards?

After howlin wolf round 1 - approx 6-7 hours.

after Challenger 4x4 round 1 - approx 4 hours.

how long do you take :rolleyes:

Dan

a couple of determined passes through Tarr Steps does a half decent job of the chassis ;) then its £3 worth with the doors open at the local garage. Glass is hardly worth cleaning my terrier leaves nog all over it everytime she gets in :(

Will :)

It's worth the £9.99 at the local Kosovan mafia run car wash after a really heavy days pay n mud or a laneing

Just to see their faces when the disco rolls in covered in mud which sticks like industrial adhesive about 10 mins before they pack up !!

They aint barred me yet but it's gonna be soon

Oh and I never leave a tip , even ask for my penny change and get them to go over all the bits they have missed !!

The record so far is 3 re washes !!!!

Baldy

Mine use to stay on the trailer until I put the power washer over it, it would take three goes to get it half tidy.

The silt and mud would run to the back and down the beaver tail, a length of 2x3 wood would be nailed diagonal to deflect most waste to one side of the trailer. At the back of the trailer I built a wooden trough to catch most of the muck, the water would then slowly drain away leaving a load of silt. Most times there would be two to three wheel barrows which I would dump in the back garden, the kids use as their jump with their scramblers.

2 to 3 hours normally, but from now on it’s going to be the winch bitches job :i-m_so_happy:

Slindon, Didn't try to clean the 90 until 2 weeks after the challenge. What a nightmare, that took me the longest time to clean it was like cement. There was a build up of dried silt and flint in the coil springs and around the callipers that took some clearing.

Dan's already been warned about the joys of cleaning post Slindon :lol:

As far as cleaning goes, I got pretty quick at it with the old car as I got to know how to do each part and also where the clag traps were. I'd reckon on about an hour to get the hose and pressure washer out, wash the truck and put everything away unless I'd been somewhere really nasty. Then add another 15 minutes to remove the winch ropes, cable tie a sock over the hooks and put them in the washing machine (cold wash). Then have a beer or 2 before putting the strops and winch sail in the second load ;)

Will , you must have a washing machine with a sqaure drum aswell then :lol::lol::lol:

Had a washing machine with a square drum.... We used to go through them quite frequently although the current one has lasted a strangely long time. No one's yet twigged that it has something to do with me not having a comp car :lol:

totally agree with it depending on the site - you should try cleaning mud off after playing at Frickley4x4 site.

its an old slag heap from one of the local coal mines. So its coal, flint, deep sand and clay from up to a couple of miles down in t'earth! Yorkshire finest concrete mix!

If you let it dry on your radiator, its a rad out job and leave it to soak for a few hours in hot soapy water and then spend another 30 minutes with a hose connected to the hot tap to clean it out. Brake pads can be worn out in 1 weekend driving about the site marshalling, prop UJs lifespan is halved on one rtv and wheel bearings might last until you get home before failing, as the silt literally chews the hub oil seals within minutes.

In 6 years of trials and playdays i have never killed a diff. Until i started going to frickley. Since then i have had 2 diff pinion bearings fail due to the pinion oil seal disintegrating/chewed up....

superb site, but the mud is a complete vehicle killer.

When i go there now, i give it a quick jetwash off whilst at the site and then as soon as i get home i jetwash and regrease everything. Even if its dark, i still give it a go.

Other sites we use i dont bother cleaning off, cos its just loose peaty slop and falls off on its own the next time it rains.

It's worth the £9.99 at the local Kosovan mafia run car wash after a really heavy days pay n mud or a laneing

Just to see their faces when the disco rolls in covered in mud which sticks like industrial adhesive about 10 mins before they pack up !!

They aint barred me yet but it's gonna be soon

Oh and I never leave a tip , even ask for my penny change and get them to go over all the bits they have missed !!

The record so far is 3 re washes !!!!

Baldy

:hysterical: thats brilliant

Ok So most of us have been out competing in our landys recently.

How long do you spend cleaning it after wards?

After howlin wolf round 1 - approx 6-7 hours.

after Challenger 4x4 round 1 - approx 4 hours.

how long do you take :rolleyes:

Dan

Well the last 2 comp's that i did <_< hard to say, not very long :ph34r::P