Billing

GBMUD

i too agree with leeds, i hope both shows do well, but the situation could of been avoided if both shows werent on the same weekend, all it would of taken is one of the shows to move as little as one week before or after the 17th of july that would of at least given more people the option of going to both thuss more business for the smaller 4x4 traders.

Surely it is in both lro and lrm's best interest to get as many visitors as possible and not to try and steal them from the other show. It is this competiveness/stuberness that is really killing the smaller traders.

how much difference can 1 week make anyway?

i personally would of gone to both but i am just going to billing as its closer and i have been going since i can remember.

i hope next year at least one of the shows will see sense and move the date of there show for everyones benfit.

ethan

Hi from Spain,

Next 17th crossing the Channel to attend Billing (17th & 18th) and Newark (19th); Then War&Peace show... and then back to Madrid.

Ex-MoD (LHD) 110 GS converted to 300tdi with Spanish plates.

Carlos

I agree I go to the show's to catch up with old mates and have a laugh and hopefully get the odd bargain. I can’t be doing with politics’ I get enough of that a work...

And don't forget about another reason for going is , getting your brother and Nephew some cheap Land Rover clothes :ph34r::lol::lol:

I will be going to Billing. Main reason being thats where friends are going, plus I can pic up some spares which would have otherwise cost more to post than they are worth.

As for LRO v LRM politics...

I think Rhett Butler said it best.

Where shall I go? What shall I do?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

It does seem quite sad that the shows are on the same dates, everyone loses out in the end.

the thing is i wanted to buy stuff from traders that are attending both shows.

I could have bought the items via ebay or post but I believe we need to support the shows & traders that attend them, & as i am driving up from south wales I decided to visit billing on Sat & stay over in the ibis hotel in wellingbourough and drive up to newark on the Sunday.. & do em both ;) wife dont know yet though :ph34r:

wish the mags would kiss and make up and have one big show somewhere central away from billing and see how it goes.

regards All

Gren

does anyone know what time the exhibition area opens and close on all of the days. i would like to go on firday but dont think i will be able to get there untill 4 and if it closes at 4.30 it will be a bit of a waste of a day/£14.

much appreciated

I don't think there is an offical closing time on the Friday. Traders tend to stay open whilst there are customers or until the BBQ and beer calls them away from the stand and the 'shutters' will come down then

Brendan

I will be attending Billing also, will be arriving thursday night and stay till sunday afternoon. Hope to find a few parts for the 110. Will bring 7 crates of dutch beer! So If you want some, you are welcome to come and drink one or more with me and my mates. For recognation purposes: This is the car I'm with.

quasi3.jpg

Cheers Bowy

I will be attending Billing also, will be arriving thursday night and stay till sunday afternoon. Hope to find a few parts for the 110. Will bring 7 crates of dutch beer! So If you want some, you are welcome to come and drink one or more with me and my mates. For recognation purposes: This is the car I'm with.

quasi3.jpg

Cheers Bowy

Unsurprisingly i am here and i am expecting 723 (camping units) of you on thursday

Xeng is on stand T39

see you all on thursday :blink: