Forum Greenlane trip

GBMUD

It seems like ages since the last forum greenlane weekend away in the Peak District last November(ish?). For those who do not know, we went to the Lake District the year before and had a fine time there too - despite the questionable accommodation, we have also been to mid-wales a couple of times. See of you can get more out of the 'search' function than me and see previous trip reports.

In past years I have 'not' taken responsibility for 'absolutely not' organizing these trips and would be prepared 'not' to do so again. In short, I will find lanes, speak to the council and find/organize a hotel but I am in no way organizing anything or being responsible for anyone or anything!

First things first, anyone got any suggestions or special requests where to go or not to go? I would be happy to go back to either the Lakes or the Peaks but perhaps we should try something new. The main requirement is for there to be enough lanes in the area to be able to loose (based on past attendance) 4 groups of 4 cars in the area for the weekend and for those lanes to be sustainable and reasonably non damaging - this is a fun weekend to enjoy good company, good lanes/scenery and then good beer, it is not the Camel trophy!

Once we have a venue in mind we can think about dates - look towards the second half of October of the first half of November... Looking forward to some suggestions.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, I am a fan of Rhyader, mid Wales. Plenty of lanes, including Cambrian way & Strata Florida. Campsite in Rhyader is superb, very clean with no frills. A couple of pubs in the village and fish & chips, chinese, indian and kebabs!! Not sure if I could get a weekend off but I would try if you were to (NOT) organise a trip <_<

Well - for the first time in all the years I have been on this forum I have a viable motor to go in, so I will do my utmost to be there. One potential clash though that should be considered - the last weekend in October is The OMM (ne KIMM) and this year it is taking place in mid Wales, based around Builth Wells and the whole area will be full of competitors and organisers (and me :) ) on that weekend - best avoided ;)

Absolutely loads - bit of a busman's holiday for me though.

Chris

Again true, I would be quite happy to do either the lakes (no youth hostel <_< ) or the peaks again especially as we only managed one day last time.

However I'm sure there will be some other's along with some ideas.

Pete.

Business permitting - I'd like to come too.

How about North Wales? I don't really know what / how much is there - but when we were doing the NetworkQ RAC Rally (as a radio vehicle) we drove some fantastic tracks in North Wales. I dare say most were Forestry Commission land so out of bounds normally - but it sets a good precedent for what the lanes could be like!

Si

Business permitting - I'd like to come too.

How about North Wales? I don't really know what / how much is there - but when we were doing the NetworkQ RAC Rally (as a radio vehicle) we drove some fantastic tracks in North Wales. I dare say most were Forestry Commission land so out of bounds normally - but it sets a good precedent for what the lanes could be like!

Si

There are many great metal single tracks in N Wales worthy of a drive as well!

Accommodation can be patchy though in my experience.

John

Sign me up, dates permitting. Location anywhere will do me fine ! :)

Not sure who will be in the passegner seat / co-driving yet but when we get nearer the time and know when / where I'm sure I'll find someone or jump in with someone...

Thanks again for not organising things.. The events you do not organise are the best...

Neil

I'd be up for this if I can find a job to pay for it in the next few weeks!

Not fussed where, it's been ages since I've been laning anywhere - North Wales had some good ones on the Dragon all those years ago, be good to do some of those again.

Rich

Last time i was unable to attend even tho it was on my bloomin doorstep!

this time, permitting my 90 is rebuilt in time (it better be i need it in 2 weeks to go to uni), i shall be attending! codriver... thats left to see who i like more at the time of leaving... the girlfriend or best mate!

Well, I guess that is all the suggestions then, no replies for a couple of days. I favour North Wales as we have not been there as a group yet - though a few of us did go a few years ago and stayed in a nice cheap hotel somewhere unpronounceable, Machynlleth IIRC. :) There was a campsite near there too.

I will start a new thread to discuss dates.

Chris

Chris, I am a fan of Rhyader, mid Wales. Plenty of lanes, including Cambrian way & Strata Florida. Campsite in Rhyader is superb, very clean with no frills. A couple of pubs in the village and fish & chips, chinese, indian and kebabs!! Not sure if I could get a weekend off but I would try if you were to (NOT) organise a trip <_<

get my vote too?

When are we thinking date wise?, first two weekends in Nov sound good to me

I'd be up for this if I can find a job to pay for it in the next few weeks!

Not fussed where, it's been ages since I've been laning anywhere - North Wales had some good ones on the Dragon all those years ago, be good to do some of those again.

Rich

good to see you back Richard.

good to see you back Richard.

It took immigration a long time to catch up with him though. :P

Glad you are home safe from your travels Dicky, you will be able to open some more of those special farmers gates. :)

Chris

I knew there would be more replies as soon as I started a new thread about it. Mods, would you please close this thread at your convenience?

Thanks

Chris

?? wheres the other one?