Slindon aftermath.

Blinding day, good weather, good company and a hat-trick win for us! First in class, first over all and first in special stage.

Thanks to Neil, Carole and all the marshals for their, as usual great setting out.

Thanks to X-Eng for the sponsors food and drink and first rate prizes.

Really great weekend, well done to all who helped set out, took part and contributed in any way shape or form !!

Huge thanks to Simon and X-Eng for the generous hospitality, on-going support and X-cellent prizes which seem to have gone down very well. Carole is still X-tremely disappointed not to have won despite a blatant attempt to fiddle it!!

Results are now posted

HERE

Championship tables will be posted tomorrow along with the few interesting photos I have.

hate it.

The most important bit of the team enjoying a sit down in the foreground, typical. :rolleyes:

don't know about most important, all the elements make a team work.

i expect i was getting bored watching you shunt around on a 2888 point turn...........................

Neil and crew great event, had a good laugh a big thank you for setting it all out for us and clearing up afterwards. very much appreciated.

Not sure i liked the SS, and how we did so well is down to Nick's driving, it just worked for us today, first time at Slindon we have finished after running all day too......

I think you are both just teasing the scrutineers so they can't quite see your goggles :lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of Calendar Girls :D

3979703079_7c44668f62.jpg

the screaming we had earlier believe me Nick wore his all day - he has a sore nose to go along with a sore winch button finger now. it must be tiring being a driver.............

Had a great weekend, bloody tired now! Glad all you lot had fun, we set some particularly nasty punches out... Mmmm sideslopey. Some brilliant driving today.

Thanks Neil for the special prize... :rolleyes:

Here are my videos, didn't catch any rolls but some good stuff in there:

Part 1:

Part 2:

;)

I had a brilliant weekend - thanks everyone for coming!

I saw some bloody good examples of driving - trucks teetering on the edge of rolling but being recovered at the last moment.

I'll post my piccies tomorrow.

See you all again at Tong!

Si

What a weekend, well to all invovled.

Well done To Paul for dragging me around all day

Well done to every one who got a trophy! :)

Loved the special stage - I don't think any one could of predicted how I would finish the stage! :D I have been watching to many Australian comp I think. :rolleyes:

I do like Slindon! and very close results at the top :)

Any one got any pictures of my little adventure?

Dan

Well a big thankyou to all involved but my biggest thankyou to the driving god that was Kevin Moss. He gladly came along to fill my seat in my car at a moments notice despite his experience only being in a class 3 motor. At first he looked a bit lost with all the extra buttons and switches but very quickly settled into a steady trot and picked away all day. A fine exanple of car control and balance if ever i saw one. Not a single "Roll" to celebrate or any other near miss to gloat about. A true gentleman. Now for all the repairs i have to do.......oh yes....none!

Thanks Kevin.

We are content with 2nd place after we I picked the wrong punch to start with which cost 45mins of simply playing with some deep mud, boiled twice, snapped the rope in half (couldn't be near the end could it) and broke half shaf which reduced us to one wheel drive so not such a bad day.

Bert and Dan tested their roll cage. Thanks to Andy Tunnah for welding their steering arm back together so they could carry on.

Thanks to the team for setting out etc, etc. Good layout.

Championship points tables are now posted

HERE

Unless I am very much mistaken it would appear that Rob & Jamie have secured the Championship overall, Kev & Adrian have secured the Class 1 title and Nick & James have secured the Class 2 title. In Class 3 it looks like there will be an exciting shoot out at the final round between Bob & Ian and Rob & Andy!