Insurance for 3rd vehicle / toy

M005

Any recommendations for who will insure the 90 cheaply?

Considering putting it on TPFT to keep costs down further and limiting mileage to 3k per year.

I'll look to give my current company a call to see if they will add it to my existing policy, but I'm with elephant who charge a £15 admin fee for just answering the phone :huh:

For people over 30(ish) and a clean licence and little accident history fully comp is marginally more expensive than TPFT.

Adding a "low risk" user (like a wife, mother or father), even to me at 40y/o reduces the policy cost :blink:

My 90 with any driver over 25 is ~£220 with NFU, it would come down to £150-170 for just me and the wife.

I insured my Isuzu through a company called 2gether. 01945 585322

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1191

I will insure my Disco through them next year as they will pretty much insure anything and at a good price. They were so much cheaper than everyone else (including Adrien Flux) that I couldn't say no. I only wish I had gone to them before I insured my Disco with Adrian Flux.

I have a policy on the 90 with Academy Insurance (used to be Snowball). It's fully comp limited to 5000 m/annum and covers the seemingly endless list of modifications all for about £250.

No silly admin charges for updating the mods list, or adding/removing drivers. No annoying call centre persons who don't know a winch from a walrus, just genuinely friendly people to deal with.

Academy Insurance Services

163 High Street

Staines

TW18 4PA

Tel: 01784 461131

Fax: 01784 460576

www.academyinsurance.co.uk/

No connection, just a happy customer.

Thanks.

Gave elephant a call, who put me through to their parent company Admiral for a multi car quote.

Have just paid £303 for the Freelander with elephant, Admiral will take 11 months of that and apply it against a combined premium of £412 for the Freelander and 90.

Effectively insurance for £109, with no mileage restrictions.

Can't complain at that :i-m_so_happy:

Blimey!! That's a cracking deal. I've got the other 2 cars with Admiral and I know it was a good price, but I feel a haggle is necessary at renewal time!!

I always haggle at renewal time, and the £303 was the lowest I could get.

Did the same with the RAC renewal just before christmas; renewal price was £178, online the AA would offer the same cover for £135. Called the RAC to be told that was an intro offer, after a bit of pushing they offered me 14 months cover for £137 :P

Lancaster Insurance as a broker with Equity Red Star as the insurance company were OK for my 90 at £170 ( 2drivers, a couple of speeding tickets, good history).

HOWEVER. £17 every time I put a mod on (now up to 9 mod's, so almost the original premium extra) and when better half (named 2nd driver) got an SP30 for speeding in her Volvo, I was the unwilling recipient of a 75% premuim increase, another £109. Since two of my tickets had expired by then I consider this unreasonable.

I argued the toss until they said pay up or they would cancel the insurance.

So:

1. Lancaster did absolutely nothing to 'broker' whether the increase was reasonable and just referred me to Equity

2. Equity refused to put on the phone anyone who would discuss the matter

It was close call to cancel my insurance and go elsewhere, but was just about cheaper to pay up.

Guess where I will not be renewing ?

Richard

As an over fifty (now I'm a saga) I don't even get quoted TPF&T as FC is cheaper.

But Academy sounds good, all my policies are 3,000 miles only.

BTW speeding has never bothered any insurance company that I have been with (not that I have a bad points record I just want to know) They know the truth not the Government bull.

Marc.

Fully Comp, No NCB, 3000 miles per year. £148 with Frank Pickels

Land Rover 90 modified

3947cc Range Rover Engine

4 speed Range Rover Automatic Gearbox

External Roll Cage

Winch & winch bumper

+2" Suspension (Springs and shocks)

Bucket Seats

Momo Steering wheel

Twin Electric radiator fans

Custom 3” Stainless Steel side exit exhaust

LPG system and land rover/Range Rover petrol system

Steel protection for Steering , axles and sills.

Road Legal Mud Terrain Tyres on Steel Rims

Did the same with the RAC renewal just before christmas; renewal price was £178, online the AA would offer the same cover for £135. Called the RAC to be told that was an intro offer, after a bit of pushing they offered me 14 months cover for £137 :P

interesting aside ref the RAC, i did the same and they said OK go with the AA, been with the RAC 8 yrs and never called them!

I use the NFU but I haggle but I feel i get a good deal because we insure everything (company wise) with them, buildings, PL, marine cargo and not least all our company vehicles, lorrys etc with them (40 lorries, 30 cars/pick ups, 42 tractors) you can seem them face to face talk to them in the pub.

They do obviously understand the 'agricultural and more pratical client' more than a lot of companies.

• 2 months later...

I use the NFU but I haggle but I feel i get a good deal because we insure everything (company wise) with them, buildings, PL, marine cargo and not least all our company vehicles, lorrys etc with them (40 lorries, 30 cars/pick ups, 42 tractors) you can seem them face to face talk to them in the pub.

They do obviously understand the 'agricultural and more pratical client' more than a lot of companies.

WELL GUY'S & GIRLS U CAN NOT BEAT THIS CAN U Frank Pickels insured my Tray Back Range Rover with all the MOD'S on, & the Grand sum was GET THIS £96.03p yep thats right & I don't

think theirs a insurance company out their that can or could match this & it's with me amitting the 6 points on my drivers licence. 3 speeding & 3 for a mobile phone misterminer.

God save Frank Pickels. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Frank Pickles are great!!!!

They "encouraged" me to modify my new 110 so that they could insure it :)

A winch, winch bumper and a set of tree sliders ticked all the right boxes and I easily 1/2'd my premium, comapred to my old insurers (Adrian Flux)

They are also very friendly and helpfull to deal with and they understand Landrovers - which from my experience with insurers is a very rare thing!

NFU for me, same senario here with both companies insured with them, if i want cover i call them and it's covered! Great to deal with on a personal level and will have a deal if they can.