Shire Greenlane day 28th Feb

jules

First of 2010 for the Shires

After the great success of the day in late 2009 we are holding another Salisbury plain green lane day with a pub lunch. Normal greenlane day driving on maps.

Meeting in Tidworth

£10 per car

Limited numbers so please PM me if you want to come along.

I;m tempted. How difficult are the lanes likely to be ?

As a general rule all the lanes on the plane are are gentle green lanes, if they are any harder than that then you are probably somewhere you should'nt be. <_<:angry:

Regards Ash

• 2 weeks later...

Well its going to be wet..

SCOR are racing at sidbury hill as well.

I know its the eleventh hour but we have had a member drop out if anyone fancies a play as long as your at the entrance to sidbury hill by 9.30, and a member smile.gif

Some of those 'greenlanes' are better than a pay and play site. One great thing about the MoD, they don't really seem to care about the state of them :D

Brilliant day, except for my alternator dying at the end and having to drive 100 miles home in the dark with ever diminishing light power!

Wet and smelly - that special kind of smelly when you have chalk and clay. And there were some "interesting" smells near some pheasant coups (or huts, or houses, or whatever they're called).

I have a few photos, but they'll have to wait to tomorrow night or Tuesday. Unfortunately, because the day started wet, I didn't want to get my camera too wet unnecessarily, so not many I'm afraid.

Funny spot of the day was the 'older' lady walking her dogs up Wilsford Hill.

We waited for a couple of minutes for her to walk up the track towards us, as we were heading down.

She walked straight up to the drivers side window, and just as we were expecting the full tirade about noisy 4x4s tearing up the lanes and bothering the dogs, she said "You should try driving UP this hill, it's Brilliant!" :lol:

I had an excellant time and got surprisly muddy for a green laning trip...maybe it was all those muddy puddles!

Thanks to Colin Read (thanks jules!) for organising it with maps etc.

A few pictures:

01 - Mine!

02 - Route number two we chose!

03 - our group (Just noticed the camel looks surprisingly like Dan's!)

04 - All parked up for lunch

Steve

post-7712-12674692567_thumb.jpg

post-7712-126746927846_thumb.jpg

post-7712-126746929401_thumb.jpg

post-7712-126746930577_thumb.jpg