Broke My first diff

My rear diff went last year, I let the garage change it at the time. My front diff went this week, I've just changed it myself. Both times the pin has sheared and the carrier hole ovaled, but I think that I have been luck not to have more damage.

Guess I've just joined the "I've changed my first diff club" :P

brilliant i broke my first diff i felt i was being left out when everybody elses had kept braking im happy now smile.gif apart from the big hole in my casing sad.gif

I've got a couple of 1 0spline ones in the garage if you need another one, I presume by the name you are fairly local to me (Bracknell). PM me if you need one, I am sure we can come to an arrangement.

Andy

• 3 months later...

I've got a couple of 1 0spline ones in the garage if you need another one, I presume by the name you are fairly local to me (Bracknell). PM me if you need one, I am sure we can come to an arrangement.

Andy

Hi Andy - do you still have the diffs you mentioned. I did the front one on my 90 last weekend, I'm in Fleet.

Nick

apologies to futher hijack this thread . . .

I have had the pinion bearing go on my front diff today - 200tdi Defender 90

How do i know if it is a 10 spline without taking it apart? (now looking on fleebay for a secondhand hand one!)

Thank you

That is the problem - i Think (and dont qoute me!) that it is a late 200Tdi. I dont have Microcat here to find out the chassis number . . .

The reg number is L486 LNW for microcat, could someone please look on Mircocat for me and confirm 10 spline? (would be very VERY grateful!)

10 Spline would be the answer as I have a good 10 Spline Range Rover diff sitting in the shed!