Howlin' Wolf Round 2 - The Aftermath

najw

Sorry for making Mrs Badger follow me to punch 8 from the SS as the cyber point wouldnt register on the vehicle, thank you for coming and verifing it!

Your Welcome! It may have been the first time I verified punch 8 but it definitely wasn't the last..

Couldn't keep up with you on the way to the punch :blink: reckon those football boots of yours must have helped, however don't think I'd have been much quicker even with them on :D

It was a good event, and the sunshine was lovely, shame about the rain at the end and all the way home :(

not too bad result for us, 6th in class 2, 7th overall, seens as we lost an hour and a half, with a dodgy cooling fan, which in turn blew the top hose off, then a rock burst the radiator, and we struggled to bleed it properly until we could get on the level, then we picked up a puncture after that, and also lost alot of time stuck behind people on stages!

so overall not too bad a result!

James/Nick you couldnt of got much closer to us than this! i had the prime seat, wish we had an on board camera!

I also had prime seat view of kevs/dans roll in the gulley!

Truck is washed and ready to strip down for maintainance, not too much damage, 1 inner tube, rad will live another day, and a slightly bent gutter bar on the cage!

some sections were very confusing with the tape! i think the numered gates will help, but some very good sections, i very much enjoyed section 5/6!

cya all at corwen!

Dave, thanks so much for those videos, they have made my whole weekend worthwhile :D

Not quite sure where Nick managed to roll so dramatically, but at least it didn't affect their result.

Any chance of a CD of your pics for the club mag?

Neil, don't suppose you have the top 3 times for SS1 to hand do you?... interested to see what sort of gap there was in it... :)

Rob Butler - 1:48

Rob Tunnah - 2:13

Nick Watts - 2:21

Gwyn Lewis on 4 wheels and then not!!

Just spoke to Gwyn as I forgot this was on!!! He said he rolled twice ha I think his reactions are just getting slow. He also said he gave Rob a pasting after last year when we beat him there. Shame on you rob you must have been slacking? I am getting bored now and need to get back out to play soon. Speak soon Roy and keep up the good stealth camera work on the old pair. John Fair

Fantastic event with excelent sections, had a few hairy moments throughout the day but managed to keep the truck on four wheels most of the time.

Neil, carole and all the team involved you did a fantastic job and i look forward to round 3.

Also thanks to frogisland for the great prizes.

I think the punchs were very well set out but as said previously a little hard to understand where the intended route was.

Again thank you to all involved for putting on yet another great event.

Rob

Ha, awesome... :)

Almost 1/2 a minute ahead, ged'er done! :P

Chromo shafts in this week then we can kick it up a notch for the next round... ;)

Only because i went the wrong way :rolleyes:

Next time ;)

Just thinking I would like to add another 2p worth of advice/comments :ph34r: .

It does seam that everybody is in agreance that the sections are now a "Trial" Section, therefore can I suggest that we maybe as already suggested number the gates in order to make it easy to find the route through the section. But also as all trial section has 10 gates, could we do something similar, where we have a set number of gates for each section OR 8, 12 or 16 gates depending on the length of the section at that event. Also have the number of gates marked on the entrance of the section stating the number of gates in that particular section next to/on the section start sign. :ph34r:

If this an idea that could go forward, Neil can you try & arrange some personnel tuition in understanding numbers & maps ;) for the A.R.T. Offroad team. :D:D:D

Carwyn.

Thanks to Neil and the team for a good day, throughly enjoyed ourseleves except for old fencing wire lying in undergrowth wrapping round front hub and cutting clean through both brake flexis losing us about an hour.

As previouly said some sections not easy to understand which route through, numbered gates would be easier to follow.

Made a change to stay bone dry the whole day and then get wet whilst packing up.