Help for a mate...

isuzurover

Hi Guys,

A mate of mine who lives near oxford owns a '93 tdi disco (last of the 200s). He bought it with 60k miles on the clock and it now has 160k, and as far as he knows it hasn't had the timing belt replaced since he bought it (has been serviced regularly, but no big bills except for the gearbox rebuild). He isn't rich, so would be very interested if you kind chaps could let him know someone nearby who can do the job for a reasonable price. Conversely, if one of you guys aren't too far away and want to do the job in exchange for some folding beer tokens then he would be a very happy guy.

Other info - he will be flogging the thing off in a few years, so if anyone is interested in a cheap disco - generally pretty good nick except the roof is very rusty.

Thanks for the great response chaps. Les - sending you a pm - not being a native I didn't know swindon was near oxford.

Andy - I will pass on the info about the roof - are they bolt on-off like the rangie roofs? His has twin sunroofs too.

Andy - I will pass on the info about the roof - are they bolt on-off like the rangie roofs? His has twin sunroofs too.

Yeah they are bolt on, this one has been sawn off at the pillars so all the fixings etc are there

Swindon's close enough so Les is a good bet. However, Frogs Island are also very good. Not the cheapest arround BUT they work fast and do it right first time. They've done a lot of work for me and they supply most of my parts. If I wasn't so busy I'd offer to give him a hand but I just don't have the time right now.... Si White might be worth talking to, though. He's VERY fast at going timing belts (I think his record was 90 minutes :o )

Jez (aka dollythelightweight) is also pretty close (Newbury) and I'm sure he'd have done the job if he hadn't been halfway to Russia...

I would vouch for Les and his work (even without being paid). I see a fair bit of 'amphibian small land mass surounded by water' during the course of my job and I would not be able to recommend them (this is my personal opinion and not that of the company I work for, nor would the company I work for ever pass judgement on the work of an other company unless requested by a client and only if said report were to be remain confidential. I have no arguement nor personal issue with the aformentioned company).

Jez is a god