these parts are they any good

If you can find the code for the bearing you should be able to get one from a bearing supplier, i just got one from a local supplier (Southern Bearings) and not only were they good bearings (SKF) but were good price wise too.

they even recommended a more suitable bearing for what i needed...

I got bearmach non branded wheel bearings, they looked fine, had a number etched onto them but no name. I was sleptical until i happend across a unbranded Britpart one then I was happy the bearmach where ok. I usually go for Branded and I will get Timken text time, but I'm not expecting my present wheel bearing to fail any time soon.

All the wholesalers Allmakes, Bearmach, Britpart sell ther own brand bearings but they are cheap Chinese & Indian origin. You won't find any country of origin on the packaging.

You are always best off sticking to the well known OEM bearing manufacturers, e.g. FAG, KOYO, NSK-RHP, NTN, SKF, TIMKEN. Most bearing applications are fairly critical and the well known brands are not that much more expensive than the cheap rubbish. The unbranded/own brand wheel bearing kits sell for around £9.75 to £13.00, you can get kits with Timken bearings for £19.00 and other OEM brands for slightly less. It's really not worth the small initial saving going for the unknown and then having to replace them again works out more expensive.

• 9 years later...

Thread revival !!  

Is there anyone who sells the bearing kits with branded bearings ?  everything on eBay seems to be unbranded.

On 11/4/2010 at 9:32 AM, Maverik said:

I got bearmach non branded wheel bearings, they looked fine, had a number etched onto them but no name. I was sleptical until i happend across a unbranded Britpart one then I was happy the bearmach where ok. I usually go for Branded and I will get Timken text time, but I'm not expecting my present wheel bearing to fail any time soon.

@Maverik How did your Bearmach bearings stand up?  Everything I’ve had from Bearmach seems to have been decent quality - they’d be the one I’d be prepared to give the benefit of the doubt to. 

Its a different vehicle, but I use the Bearmach own brand hubs on the D2 and they seem to last well... ~£80ish for the Bearmach one vs £400+ for LR genuine/Timken versions so I thought it worth a try - the one thats been on the longest must be on about 60k miles now.

• Thanks 1