What To Do With This 1983 County?

Davo

I have this old County 110 that is at the point where it's quite rusty and can either be saved with a full rebuild or just wrecked for parts. It's one of those brown five-doors with a Limestone roof, a V8 and an LT95. The doors are the early ones that have the separate door-tops. It's very original except for the wheels and front seats.

My question is that because it's so early, is it worth saving? The VIN ends with AA190385 and the engine number is 15G00352. Does this mean it's one of the first 1,000 or so? Or are there still enough around not to worry about it? I've had it for a few years and have put off making a decision but now the time has come.

I have this old County 110 that is at the point where it's quite rusty and can either be saved with a full rebuild or just wrecked for parts. It's one of those brown five-doors with a Limestone roof, a V8 and an LT95. The doors are the early ones that have the separate door-tops. It's very original except for the wheels and front seats.

My question is that because it's so early, is it worth saving? The VIN ends with AA190385 and the engine number is 15G00352. Does this mean it's one of the first 1,000 or so? Or are there still enough around not to worry about it? I've had it for a few years and have put off making a decision but now the time has come.

Sell it to me £10 :D

Personally i would rebuild it minus the V8 with a 300tdi, but of course this depends on the level of tinworm in the chassis and bulkhead.

Regards

Keith

I would rebuild it! They are getting few & far between whether it's in the first 1000 or not.

I would leave it with a V8 + LT95 and if necessary re-spray it in the original colours.

Looking at the money people are now paying for the old vomit (sorry, Safari Gold) coloured Range Rovers and Series vehicles, these will not be far behind.

I think these will be valuable because the difference between these and everything that followed up until about 1990 is visible & identifiable. The horrible colours are part of the charm - like the vomit coloured Rangeys.

I saw a restored 2 door range rover outside the local shop. It looked like it had just driven off the forecourt complete with the steam powered radio in a sea of beige. The owner said he had bought it like that for over £15k! Although that seemed a lot, I remember how much I liked my 2 door range rover and how comfortable it was even by today's standards. It's left me thinking I'd like another one of those more than I'd like a New Range Rover! It's easy to see how the value creeps up!

Si

it'll be similar to these then, I say keep it & rebuild, you know all it's little faults by now, it's one of the family.

paint is

ACV Rowan Brown 82-85 LRC.324:82 with roof/door tops in one of these--

NCA Arctic White 75-85 LRC.273

273 Arctic White 75-85 LRC.273

354 Ivory White, Chamonix White, Davos White 84-90 LRC.354

NCM Ivory White, Chamonix White, Davos White 84-90 LRC.354

post-20-006227300 1288966446_thumb.jpeg

post-20-044463500 1288966450_thumb.jpeg

If you have space and time and the motivation I would re-build it. you don't have to decide right now on the drive train, but with present markets and increasing lack and high price of 200tdi spares i would definatly consdier putting a 300tdi into it. But if the engine is in good nick, then keep it.

I look forward to the day when I have a wee workshop with overhead lift crane where I can do a ground up re-build, and not having a 10 month time limit!!!