Summer 7 Sisters

TJN

I have been a few times with the jeep club. is it the same format.. camp down the road fri /Saturday night a few miles from the site and then off-roading Saturday / Sunday

ill try and bolster the numbers

Yeah thats the plan! Always open to more people coming.

when is the (or is there a) cut of for getting bookings in?

as would like to come along but do not want to commit until i know what state the truck is in from an event a weekend before.

paul

when is the (or is there a) cut of for getting bookings in?

as would like to come along but do not want to commit until i know what state the truck is in from an event a weekend before.

paul

PM sent.

Is the MOT requirement imposed by the site owner or the Shire club?

I only ask because I've been there on Quad trips with no road legal requirement?

My truck did have an MOT and if it has not expired, I'll book to go. Unfortunately, since I played with the steering - it's chances of getting another one are somewhat limited!

Unfortunately, it seems to be the way these days. Unless your truck is either MSA compliant or road legal - you might as well cut it up & weigh it in for scrap :(

Si

MOT is a club requirement, it is unfortunate but it has really helped stop the "banger racer day off" scrappers-on-trailers that plague some events (especially many pay & plays).

At the end of the day we're a family club and when there's people with daily drivers and 3 kids on the back seat you can't have people tearing round in junkyard SJ's. Unfortunately that does inconvenience some people with well turned out but non-road-legal vehicles, but the alternative is too risky insurance-wise etc.

tearing round in junkyard SJ's.

Yup, that sounds like me. I expect I had other plans that weekend anyway (washing my hair or something!)

If it's a club rule, presumably it applies to the CORE trip this weekend too?

Si

• 2 weeks later...