Anyone bought Britpart seats?

Dad replaced the front seat foams for his 90 and I believe they turned up in the infamous Blue packaging. So far so good and as you say it doesn't seal or move so the opportunities for issues are limited.

If they are for occasional use by your passengers then I would get them as their use will be limited and not by yourself :)

Cheers

Ryck

got some bench seasts from island 4x4 for me 90, 40quid cheep enough for what i wanted them for but when they turned up they were britparts, opened the box and they looked cheep, tacky and looke a bit twisted where the weld wasnt done propley didnt even try to fit them and then sent them back

waited till i founbd a pair of single inward facing seats

Spend a little extra and get two forward facing seats from Exmoor trim my kids find them much better

Its a bench seat I want - its mainly for sitting in the back making a brew rather than carrying people about. They also fold up quite neatly for me to use the load area for fetching logs etc.

Dad replaced the front seat foams for his 90 and I believe they turned up in the infamous Blue packaging. So far so good......

That's encouraging .......

got some bench seasts from island 4x4 for me 90, 40quid cheep enough for what i wanted them for but when they turned up they were britparts, opened the box and they looked cheep, tacky and looke a bit twisted where the weld wasnt done propley didnt even try to fit them and then sent them back

That's not !!

Yes. I just bought a set from Lrseries for the reason you state. The frame fits my TD5 110 and the cushions fit the frame. I did have to add a couple of zip ties to hold the seat base cushions in place but assuming they are producing a pattern part I expect this is an issue for all this design of seat. About all I can say is that the black finish isn't wildy high quality but a rattle can is cheap if you care that much. Nobody died and the truck didn't explode so I'm happy enough.

I bought some GENUINE rear bench seats for my S111 back in the 1980's and they turned up bent & scratched so I sent them back to the dealer so they could reorder them for me (which they did).

For gods sake everybody get over this 'it's Britpart so it's cr*p' rubbish and just buy them, if you don't like them when they arrive get a refund. This is how these rumours expand and get out of hand, people question the make and have their decisions made for them by others so in the end no-one ever buys the parts to discover first hand if they work or not!

Rant over. :angry:

I've taken my medication and i've calmed down now. :wacko:

Not everyone wants to go through the returning goods and getting a refund routine. They want to buy something and know that what they buy won't need returning and refunding. Unfortunately, through personal experience, I know that Britpart are unable to provide me with this assurance.

Sorry Litch but in my experience, their parts are garbage. :)

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Mo

Anderzander,

Looks like 1" box frame, a base and some vinyl, I've never bought anything from Britpart but surely they can't get that wrong. :ph34r:

I can't do the upholstery but if you want I could weld up the frames, will be bloody heavy but I can guarantee they will not bend!

Lol !

I think I'm going to take a punt on it - with VAT from Paddocks its £43.80 the exmoor trim ones are £107.45 ... that's £60 worth of diesel I could be having fun with!

All I need to now is to find something for £4.25 and I'll get free postage!

All I need to now is to find something for £4.25 and I'll get free postage!

Get a spare indicator/sidelight/stoplight; you know you'll need one sooner or later! :rolleyes:

FWIW I had some bench seats in the back of my 110; fine for sitting in the back and brewing up, but quite uncomfortable for passengers as they would tend to slide about all over the place, though that might just be my driving...

One of the seat backs had clearly lost a fight with a stanley knife so have removed it and it now makes a very comfy kneeling mat.

I've ordered one - and will report back on the quality.

I have two bench seats for a 110 - which unfortunately are too long to fit in the 90 .... even though ebay adverts seem to say they are the same.

110 3 person side facing bench seats are to long for a 90, the 2 person version is standard 90 fit.

Anyone bought one of these?

320737t.jpg

I'm thinking there's not many moving parts and its half the price of exmoor trim...... what could go wrong?

Do they come in a plain colour? Or do they think Defender drivers love the checker plate design....

What about seat belts? Although I'm not sure how well they work in inward facing seats, although I think I would also be using them for tempory use.