My new 90

Pete Attryde

Well having put the 90 back on the road, but not used it much (so nothing has broken blink.gif), I got a bit bored and I started on this :-

Resized to 88% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlargeDSCF1903.jpg

Resized to 88% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlargeDSCF1904.jpg

It's based on an Axial SCX-10 and a 90 hard body from Hong-Kong. Sorry no early build pictures as I forgot to take them laugh.gif

So far I have fitted longer travel shocks and built custom suspension links to get the wheel base correct for the body. I bought a set of wheels and tyres from the US of A along with a winch and a NATO hitch.

I then fab'd a front bumper and rear cross member from brass and then painted them up. Snorkel is made from a piece of brake pipe covered with silicone vacuum pipe to mimic the full size one.

Resized to 88% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlargeDSCF1905.jpg

Resized to 88% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlargeDSCF1907.jpg

I still need to finish it off by getting the lights to all work, water proofing the electrics and by making rock / tree sliders, side exit exhaust and fitting some sort of interior and dash board plus replicate the stickers from the big one to put on this. Oh and then get it muddy wink.gif.

Resized to 88% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlargeDSCF1909.jpg

Seems to flex pretty well biggrin.gif

Next update will include video I promise.

Pete.

That looks great. I've been tinkering with a Kamtec Bowler body on a Tamiya TT01 chassis. No progress recently. Trying to MS the 90 :D + a new Staffy pup :rolleyes: is taking up any spare time. But, hopefully get back to it sometime. I would recommend the Kamtec bodies in ABS, really nice to work with. I might do a defender in the future with a crawler chassis and motor.

Thanks for the comments.

This thing is nearly as addictive as the real one ph34r.gif. I'm already trying to work out how to mount the springs and shocks in the same way as the on the real one and I have seen a set of really nice axles that would look a more scale than the ones I'm using at the moment but they are a couple of hundred quid and I am trying to save for a roll cage for the full size one at the moment sad.gif.

The good thing is that the missus quite likes driving this around as well as driving the full size one laugh.gif

Pete

Nice one Pete,

You've beaten me too it. I have had an SCX10 and the china Hardbody for ages, shortened the wheelbase, but didnt get round to mounting the body before I bought the full size one!

How have you mounted the body? and what arches have you used? I was thinking of just trimming back the standard ones.

This is mine with the body rested on:

DSCF1173.jpg

...and my cage design:

Slide1.jpg

Nice one Pete,

You've beaten me too it. I have had an SCX10 and the china Hardbody for ages, shortened the wheelbase, but didnt get round to mounting the body before I bought the full size one!

How have you mounted the body? and what arches have you used? I was thinking of just trimming back the standard ones.

Ross

Body is held on with cut down and tapped suspension links bolt to the chassis and then through the holes for the original side steps. front holes line up exactly with an existing hole in the chassis the rears needed a small drop bracket and a hole drilling. I have notched the moulding under the grill to clear the chassis and just need to make a locating post for the rear to keep the body straight. I'll get some photo's tonight and post up later.

The arches are the nasty ones that come with the SCX-10 Dingo RTR, cut down and glued on they are a little over scale but allow removing all of the original arches giving loads of clearance.

[admin hat on]

Hardy in keeping with Hi tech LR4x4 for gods sake - its just a toy :angry:

I think the best thing you can do is give it to me, and then behave yourself.

I will PM you my address. I will let you off this time for being so OT and out

of order on here - but you better watch it in the future matey

[/admin hat off]

:rofl:

BEA U TIFULL - Love it love it love it ...want it want it want it

Please action the above quickly

:D

Nige

You need to put a pic up of it next to it's big brother! And then make me a 110 please!

When I have finished putting the detail bits and the interior in I will.

I can do you a 110 if you want.

The body is $249 plus shipping from America (but is currently out of stock).

http://store.rc4wd.c...Kit_p_1187.html

on top of that you will need to buy the mechanical bits and some radio gear.

Airlocker no problem the more the merrier.

that's a very tidy looking truck.

A bit of video of mine :-

th_movie.jpg

Pete