Winch rope

What still astounds me with this stuff is that with the extra demand for it now, and the extra competition from a number of different manufacturers, that the price still doesnt seem to have come down significantly.

IMHO its still too expensive for what is effectively a consumable item.

Jon

Mo,

I think its done under strict humane conditions, the fairys are strapped to little boards and small children pick the wings off, apart from the sickening little screams and profuse amount of fairy claret theres no real discomfort and apparently they regrow in a few weeks

:unsure:

they only regrow if you clap... (no not have the clap)

(according to peter pan) :)

Mo,

I think its done under strict humane conditions, the fairys are strapped to little boards and small children pick the wings off, apart from the sickening little screams and profuse amount of fairy claret theres no real discomfort and apparently they regrow in a few weeks

:unsure:

10mm Dyneema on my Milemarker and I have lifted the back wheels off the ground trying to pull something (which I later discovered was attached to Australia with a spreader plate on the other side) out of the ground so it seems quite strong. It has been mangled up on the drum a number of times with no problems, pull out and give it a shake and it is OK. So no complaints from me, never tried any of the others.

And I don't own a seat either, apart from the ones in my Discovery and 90 :P

I have 125' of 12mm Dyneema on my 8074, and I can't fault it. Came from Bowyer at Sodbury, - One note: the sleeving he sells to go on it dosn't fit over the splice, but it seems to be good stuff.

Mark

I have 125' of 12mm Dyneema on my 8074, and I can't fault it. Came from Bowyer at Sodbury, - One note: the sleeving he sells to go on it dosn't fit over the splice, but it seems to be good stuff.

The sleeving he sent for mine was about 2" in diameter, far too big

Had 10mm Dyneema on the front with no problems, then on the back <whispers> Husky :)

stuck 12mm Marlow on the H14 and its worn pretty quickly :( and looks worsr than the Dyneema in half the time

I agree with the sleeve bung em in the bin, more hassle than there worth

the only thing i use the sleeve for is at the end by the hook when its onthe drum to keep the elements off it, carp if used elsewhere (eg for protecting it whilst winching, it jsut gets in the way.)

the only thing i use the sleeve for is at the end by the hook when its onthe drum to keep the elements off it,

Likewise - a job which it is good for. Also protects the top layer of the rope from UV I suppose.