The Grave yard

Bos

Continuing a thread:

I got the worst food poisoning EVER in Ho Chi Ming City... :ph34r: I swear I thought it was going to kill me....

However, it was only once and on the whole :blink: , I thought the food was incredible :);)

Many times I've eaten in some of the dingyist dirtiest dives one could imagine in Vietnam, where I was up to my ankles in used serviettes and chicken bones and never got sick, But one day I thought I would give a new Singaporean Restaurant that had opened up in Hanoi a try.It was spotlessly clean and pretty and the service was great. But the steamed fish dinner very nearly cost me my life. For ten days I wished that I was dead.

Bill.

Bill,

Mine was similar... It broadens the mind don't you think and makes you appreciate what you have. I watched a little old woman wipe the chopsticks with a muckly cloth and put them back in the middle of the table, then wipe the table and seats before doing the dishes with water (no detergent) from a 45 gal drum with the same cloth. I dread to think what else went into / out of the drum.... :o That was all after I had just finished one of the best tasting meals I'd had in years!

Bill,

Mine was similar... It broadens the mind don't you think and makes you appreciate what you have. I watched a little old woman wipe the chopsticks with a muckly cloth and put them back in the middle of the table, then wipe the table and seats before doing the dishes with water (no detergent) from a 45 gal drum with the same cloth. I dread to think what else went into / out of the drum.... :o That was all after I had just finished one of the best tasting meals I'd had in years!

Yes Donald, it certainly does make me appreciate the relative clean, tidy and orderliness of Australia, but although I am British/Australian my heart is really in Vietnam. I keep going back there to the filth, the chaotic traffic,the humidity and dodgy food at every opportunity. The people are warm and friendly, yet tough and resourceful. They kicked some arrogant arses during the Vietnam war period but are not smug about it and even the older ones that fought against the Americans and Australians are very welcoming and bear no malice towards us. In fact, I married a daughter of one of north Vietnams commanding officers during the Tet offensive.

Bill.

I've found it can be quite amusing reading the Greenpeace website, for some reason the members section is open to all :huh: so you can pop in and see what they're up to. This tickled me:

BP has shut down half of the largest oil field in North America, and oil prices are soaring. Big oil companies have American consumers over a barrel, and Congress hasn’t lifted a finger to help us, even though the solutions are within reach. In the face of global warming and rising prices, the time to switch to renewable energy is now. Let’s break America’s addiction to fossil fuels.

Take Action >> Tell Congress to come back from vacation and enact a bold new energy policy that dramatically increases the fuel economy of cars and invests in renewable energy sources like biofuels, wind, and solar.

America, your check engine light is on. The question is, what are you going to do about it?

Original version

So, all it takes is a piece of paper and they can increase the fuel economy of cars overnight? :blink: Because of course everyone just loves buying cars that use loads of fuel <_<

Are they suggesting WIND as a source of energy for CARS??? :huh:

What, like stick a sail on the roof?

Or run a wind turbine (ignoring the teeny wattage your gonna get out of it) and only be able to drive in one direction (into the wind) in case you reach a velocity where the relative wind speed is zero and you suddenly find yourself without a means of propulsion...

These guys are some smart cookies!

Do they realise that fuel economy is a selling point, and there ARE people out there already working on it? Also, of course, reducing drag / losses (i.e. making the car more efficient) increases performance figures - another key selling point.

We're not aloud to use rude words on this forum are we...?

Al.

Are you questioning the automotive or indeed technical or ecological expertise of Thandie Newton? :huh:

She clearly clearly knows what she's on about - after all, she's an actress. Wonder if she's a member of the Film Actors Guild?

ta_fag_me.jpg

:hysterical: all of the above :hysterical:

tell you what, if they are suggesting wind power then we will be alright in our club! the chairman, pr officer, cheif safety marshal and former events officer have enough wind between them to power several v8's! there is only one good thing to come from the states, the V8! oh and Guns and Roses!

Or run a wind turbine (ignoring the teeny wattage your gonna get out of it) and only be able to drive in one direction (into the wind) in case you reach a velocity where the relative wind speed is zero and you suddenly find yourself without a means of propulsion...

Al.

Hot air power Al that's what they mean :lol::lol:

Lara

Do they realise that fuel economy is a selling point, and there ARE people out there already working on it? Also, of course, reducing drag / losses (i.e. making the car more efficient) increases performance figures - another key selling point.

We're not aloud to use rude words on this forum are we...?

Al.

no what they are saying is that you put a big turbine on the roof of the car.

you then push start the car- it turns the turbine because of the air speed- turbine starts to make electricity- powers the electric motors in the car. Makes the car go quicker- more speed = more power. free energy at any speed you want.

shall i post this on the greenies forum and see if i get any takers?