The Grave yard

Bos

Unfortunately for him, he looks a right muppet sat on that blingmobile in the pic posted earlier

lannys029.jpg

DEANO

The so called "BLINGMOBILE" you refer to in your post just happens to be my Tombraider and strangly enough it is a standard Tombraider, i have had no need to add any BLING to my vehicle.. I find it very sad when an obvious fan of Landrovers has to start insulting other Landrover owners for their choice in vehicle. After all it still has the green oval on the grill and Defender badge on the front..

I have been driving Landies since i past my test 16 years ago and have owned: 3.0 V6 series 2a, 109 S3, 3.5 V8 Range Rover, 110 TD CSW, 300 TDi Auto Discovery, TD4 Freelander, i still own the series 2a and also currently have a 90 CSW and my 90 Tombraider. The Tombraider is by far the best of the vehicles i have owned and i'm a proud member of the Team Tombraider club which is run by Mandy (who posted the picture you commented on) and Bruce who give up alot of their time to bring Tombraider owners together. This thread was started to pay tribute to Richard Hammond who took time out of his busy schedule to visit our Tombraider stand at P'Boro and he confirmed to us all what a great chap he really is.. Then some person struck by jealousy has to insult him by calling him a muppet and insult Tombraider owners by calling their chosen Breed of Landrover a BLINGMOBILE.

Your apology will be duely accepted if you choose to make it on www.teamtombraider.com

I know you Tractor boys struggle to apologise so i don't really expect one!!

Keith...Location Norwich

lannys029.jpg

DEANO

The so called "BLINGMOBILE" you refer to in your post just happens to be my Tombraider and strangly enough it is a standard Tombraider, i have had no need to add any BLING to my vehicle.. I find it very sad when an obvious fan of Landrovers has to start insulting other Landrover owners for their choice in vehicle. After all it still has the green oval on the grill and Defender badge on the front..

I have been driving Landies since i past my test 16 years ago and have owned: 3.0 V6 series 2a, 109 S3, 3.5 V8 Range Rover, 110 TD CSW, 300 TDi Auto Discovery, TD4 Freelander, i still own the series 2a and also currently have a 90 CSW and my 90 Tombraider. The Tombraider is by far the best of the vehicles i have owned and i'm a proud member of the Team Tombraider club which is run by Mandy (who posted the picture you commented on) and Bruce who give up alot of their time to bring Tombraider owners together. This thread was started to pay tribute to Richard Hammond who took time out of his busy schedule to visit our Tombraider stand at P'Boro and he confirmed to us all what a great chap he really is.. Then some person struck by jealousy has to insult him by calling him a muppet and insult Tombraider owners by calling their chosen Breed of Landrover a BLINGMOBILE.

Your apology will be duely accepted if you choose to make it on www.teamtombraider.com

Yeah apologize or they will set Mandy on you :lol::lol::lol::lol:

DEANO

I know you Tractor boys struggle to apologise so i don't really expect one!!

Keith...Location Norwich

Is it just me, or can someone not handle having their chain tugged? Come to that, not even their chain - I suspect the comment was directed at Mandy (we all assumed it was her raider) and has been a running joke on here for ages. A quick search of the site will show you that Mandy has generally given as good as she got :) Can't see that the dig was directed at Richard Hammond in any way?

<takes_firm_grip_of_chain>If I owned my Land Rover purely for posing in I'd quite like a raider.</drops_chain_and_grabs_coat>

The so called "BLINGMOBILE" you refer to in your post just happens to be my Tombraider and strangly enough it is a standard Tombraider, i have had no need to add any BLING to my vehicle.

:lol:

Biting tongue as don't want to drag this thread down with petty squabbling or (too much) pi$$ taking.

Yeh, lets keep this OT. If you do want to promote your Tombraiders just open another thread though I'm not sure we have a forum to discuss hadrains wall :rolleyes:

Papers say he smiled when JC called him a Cr4p driver :D

Personaly I hope he makes a high speed recovery and is back behind a wheel again soon.

Keith, chill.............

I like tractors, and my tractor is bigger than yours so there,

Why do the thing you condemn others for, pot, kettle?

Its a football dig!! Norwich (Norfolk) and Ipswich (Suffolk) play in local Derbys..Norwich-Canaries---Ipswich-Tractor Boys!!!

Usually Norwich 2 - Ipswich 0 :D

Sorry guys, but you,ve missed the plot again, Hillbilly Raider didn't post as she has nothing to do with this site any more, she grow up and left the kinder garder!!

I'm completely differant to that person,

Once again it is all one sided!!!!

It all OK for you lot to slag others off, but as soon as you get a bite your so quick to dismiss it.

Grow up

Gotta go, moving onto something much better than this site

Bye bye

The issue that was taken was that a pretty innocent off the cuff dig resulted in a massive over reaction. The original comment was never intended as a serious 'slagging off', just gentle ribbing same as I'm sure you'd give your friends or colleagues.

As I'm sure we're all agreed that this backbiting has no place on this thread, can we consider the matter closed?

• 1 month later...

Does any one know (of course they do) how I can set Jules's laptop to automatically shut down at 4pm, and then not reboot until 8am?

:D

Stand by the plug and flick the little red/white switch at 4pm... make sure you're there again at 8am and 'repeat process in reverse' ;):D

I have loads of work to do and from 4pm Nigel sits in my office making huff sounds and looking it his watch.

Car sharing :rolleyes:

As the project Manager is now lodging on site I don't need to stay the full 10hr and can leave at 4pm not 6pm but I still have the same work load. (the top bods are worried that the 74hr weeks mon to Friday will result in me jacking which isn't far from the truth) so we have been made to reduce our time on site to compensate for the 4hr a day traveling.

Construction you've got to love it :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

The business is doing ok so we bought another van. as i drive it most of the time i bought a vw T5 trendline with all the bits on.

I've had it a year and its been hit in the front,both sides, major warranty work done and now a random act of unluckyness has taken off the mirror!

a builder scaped the n/s second day i had it sighting" didn't see it there"

P@=*ck across the road from my mother inlaws backed into the side of it after we had words,we had more words after! can't say anymore on that subject but theres a head shaped dent in the roof of his bmw now and it aint mine.

someones cracked the front bumper/numberplate.

it lost power going to our site in shrewsbury @ 4000 miles.took it in and new turbo/intercooler, dual mass flywheel and half a gearbox later that was fixed.

To top it all off i was following a lorry through the lanes not 100m from my house when the lorry caught a branch and when it realeased it took the passenger side mirror clean off :angry:

Needless to say it's going in to the insurance assesor tomorrow to get ALL the bits done on peoples varying insurance policies :(

It's got to go.I've never had a motor thats been such bad luck.

gonna replace it with a navara or something to tow the BOB and ferry me to sites etc

SO if your looking for a good little van, 1 carefull owner B) don't call me!

feel better now.