Paddock Spares

Tufty

I've used Paddocks loads of times over the years and been very happy with the service and the quality of the parts (yes, even Britpart stuff from there's never let me down). I once had a starter motor go within a week or so and they replaced it and refunded with no problems at all. I've recently bought a swingaway spare carrier - which turned out to be Britpart - and which turned out to be brilliant - and I've just on-line ordered a full set of springs and shocks, along with spring retainers and assorted other bits and bobs for my 110. Thing is, I made a bit of a cock-up and one item I clicked on was for a 90. Rather than just send it, they rang me to check whether that was a mistake. They then said they were going to send a paypal request for the difference as the correct part was a couple of quid more. Three hours later, no such request had been received so I rang them to hurry it up a bit. They'd just altered the order and sent it - no extra charge, even though it was my mistake. Surely they'll blot their copybook one day... Paddock Spares are brilliant!

Spent a lot of time going in to Paddocks over the years, Bob behind the counter is a bit of a legend and could rival some on here for his almost encyclopaedic knowledge of part numbers.

I try to avoid the place during a Saturday though, the Q's are massive.

Very handy place to have on the doorstep and definitely a place I'd recommend to others :)

I've used Paddocks loads of times over the years and been very happy with the service and the quality of the parts (yes, even Britpart stuff from there's never let me down). I once had a starter motor go within a week or so and they replaced it and refunded with no problems at all. I've recently bought a swingaway spare carrier - which turned out to be Britpart - and which turned out to be brilliant - and I've just on-line ordered a full set of springs and shocks, along with spring retainers and assorted other bits and bobs for my 110. Thing is, I made a bit of a cock-up and one item I clicked on was for a 90. Rather than just send it, they rang me to check whether that was a mistake. They then said they were going to send a paypal request for the difference as the correct part was a couple of quid more. Three hours later, no such request had been received so I rang them to hurry it up a bit. They'd just altered the order and sent it - no extra charge, even though it was my mistake. Surely they'll blot their copybook one day... Paddock Spares are brilliant!

Had loads of bits from Paddocks over the years. Never had any need to complain and always find them helpful.

paddocks are great the only company i find better personally is island as they are alway quicker to deliver and give you a 1 hour time slot they will be there

only complaint i have for paddocks is they dont answer emails

I must be in a alternate universe

Their mail order side is run by shaved monkeys in jeans, completely useless, clueless and often send wrong parts

or britpart when they say it isn't wasn't. On the last order with them I had such appalling service from some moron

there I vowed never ever ever ever again, the fact they stock and sell Britpart does not show a qulaity mindset.

I would rather nail my ear to my workbench than deal with this bunch again

Nige

PS I am not happy with the service I have experienced from them in case your unsure :rofl:

I've used them once, and will never again.

I ordered a new upper tailgate from them, which arrived (after a very long time) damaged at the corners (probably due to shipping, but still). It was very badly finished, it was an absolute pain to install, there were no instructions, some things didn't fit, it still doesn't manage to close properly and pushes the upper seal out of its rail when closing :angry:

On the up side, at least it doesn't leak (as much).

ive only used them once, ok service but nothing to party about but i always use famous four until there prices doubled!! :ph34r:

I used Famous Four for some bits on the current project. The main bearings they sent me were for the wrong year of V8 and despite ordering a V8 clutch kit, engine gasket set, clutch slave cylinder and V8 water pump they sent me a TD5 spigot bush.

Having said that, they've always been fine when I've used them for other orders, and as said above, they do send non britpart stuff :)

Paddocks are handy for me as I can drive there and back in 45 mins and see the bits I'm buying.

they do send non britpart stuff :)

Paddocks are handy for me as I can drive there and back in 45 mins and see the bits I'm buying.

i found that out when ordering the cheapest part and it wasn't britpart :ph34r:

i wish it was handy for me!!!!! i dont think 340miles/7 hour driving, round trip isn't financially viable!! :( :(

Edited by landy-novice

I try to avoid the place during a Saturday though, the Q's are massive.

Very handy place to have on the doorstep and definitely a place I'd recommend to others :)

I'd agree.

and I'd agree. although i will ask for the non Britpart parts as ive had a few bad experiences from britpart products.

i will have safety critical parts, i.e. brake cylinders etc cos it has to be tested and safe to sell other than that. no. i dont think there has ever been a britpart part that hasnt either needed "adjusting" to make it fit, or failed within 6 months. o had a set of spring bushes go in 6 weeks, ,and yes i did fit them properly

i will drive in though as its only a 30 minute round trip (not including the ques) and you can amke sure you are getting what you want and yes. Bob is a legend...

i wish i could!! :( i had to remove a pin of a brake pad! just wouldnt fit!! same with the fuel tank, 1 hole was slightly out but, 5sec fix :D bush in 6weeks?? i no the rubber produces are not good!! gaiters etc etc

I must be in a alternate universe

Their mail order side is run by shaved monkeys in jeans, completely useless, clueless and often send wrong parts

or britpart when they say it isn't wasn't. On the last order with them I had such appalling service from some moron

there I vowed never ever ever ever again, the fact they stock and sell Britpart does not show a qulaity mindset.

I would rather nail my ear to my workbench than deal with this bunch again

Nige

PS I am not happy with the service I have experienced from them in case your unsure :rofl:

Very suprised you have not had such an accident....

Well, legally it has to be safe to sell, but for an awful lot of items there is no requirement for it to be independently tested in order to prove it's safe so you are relying on the good faith and common sense of the manufacturer and vendor.

The only mandatory testing requirements for vehicle parts and accessories are for those which are required to be e-marked. In the UK that means window glass, light units and bulbs, seat belts and a few other (mostly electrical) items. And, if the vendor puts 'for off road use only' in the small print then even those parts do not need the e-mark.

It's the responsibility of the driver of the car to ensure it is safe, not the parts vendor. This is quite different to most other 'engineered' products which you buy where the requirement is for a CE mark. CE marking firmly places the responsibility with the manufacturer and vendor, but even then more often than not the product will not have been independently tested before the CE mark is put on it.

Sorry to go somewhat off topic, but I think it's worth saying.

Oh, and to get back on topic, I have bought loads of stuff from Paddocks, both by mail order and by calling in to their trade counter, and on the rare occasion there has been a problem they have sorted it out with grace and efficiency.

Nick.

Sounds like by the law of averages I'm due for a bad Paddock/Britpart experience, but honestly, I've never had a problem with either. Oh, there was the Britpart swingaway spare carrier... It fitted fine, holds the wheel straight, preserves the door and doesn't rattle, but the box wasn't blue! No, it was a regular brown cardboard box with 'BRITPART' printed on it. Very disappointing.