Fleebay action - intresting hybrid

Maverik

Check this truck out - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AWESOME-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Off-Road-Hybrid-/230683238229?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35b5cadf55

Going from the interior it looks like its had some care put into the build, I wonder how well it performs offroad, looks like it has some offroad pedigree, low COG, wide, good departure/entry angles... is it me or is that quite a big winch reel?

Mav

Now Nige, that's twice you've used that this evening. I thought this thread was still discussing the merrits of the design/styling, not the political issues being chewed in the other thread.

:blink:

Thank yee, it is a "design" orintated conversation as I fully intended it to be!!! ;)

Those of old enough will vouch that carbs served us well for many years, and are simply enough creatures if you understand 'em. Easy to repair/empty out the water in the field, and probably tolerate abuse better than a Hotwire or flapper EFI system.

Oh and lots cheaper than squirty stuff ;) Yes I know there're performance gains to be had, but not everyone's a convert ya knaw.

SU carbs, I mean, blimy, how steep do you want to go :huh: Any more and the gearbox is going to stop sucking oil :o

I think people take off some old worn out SU's, put on EFi and pronounce how much better off they are?

Well, you would be wouldn't you. Bad fuel mix is bad fuel mix :D

Those of old enough will vouch that carbs served us well for many years

As did clockwork computers - not saying they don't work, just that there's a reason no-one's fitted one to a new car for 20 years. Holding up 30-year-old Lucas EFI as proof that it's not perfect is not a great proof of anything either. I wasn't trying to start a pointless internet argument, just commenting that in something built for performance and with plenty of money spent it seems a step backwards.