TD5 mpg

JST

i know its been talked about before, but just wondering if mines hit the run in mileage yet as mpg has jsut gone up a bit.

firstly i calculate mpg by

1. filling the tank to bottom of white plactic marker in the filler neck.

2. reset trip

3. refill to same point and note mileage

3. divide litres used by 4.54.

4. divide mileage by answer from 3.

so last 2200miles it has only dropped below 30mpg once and that was 29.4

Last two fills each of 220 and 260miles respectively its done; 32.7mpg and 33.8mpg

seems pretty good to me

Thats on a 90 Td5 with overdrive and JE chipped (stage 1)

The worse its ever done is 19.4 mpg but that was a 400mile round trip with 3.5T on the back of it.

What does everyone else get Td5 wise?

What does everyone else get Td5 wise?

The 90 does around 28mpg on a daily use basis. Longer, non motorway runs average about 30mpg, but have had 33mpg on occasion. Motorway trips gives 25-26mpg. Standard vehicle, no overdrive

The Disco usually does about 26-27mpg. Longer trips around 28mpg. Again, standard vehicle.

From the light being on to completely brimmed to the filler neck..

just under 500 miles out of a tank.

Disco 2 auto

about 84 lt max

is around 27.02

are thats not so good but I do 68 miles in 1 hr 15 mins average each way every day.

If my 110 is anywhere near 25mpg i would count myself lucky,

did check over the first few tank loads etc, and a trip to belgium, around 23 !! but all towing/round town etc

the last one (53 110 XS TC ) did more or less the same !!

I average about 27/28 mpg - that's a mix of around town, motorway and off roading. You know my car James, and it's not exactly lightweight...!

Lowest was 25.2mpg - but that was on a 400 mile round trip towing a Disco on a trailer..... ;)

Matt

That's bloody amazing considering you carry a main stealership with you at all times.

firstly i calculate mpg by

1. filling the tank to bottom of white plactic marker in the filler neck.

2. reset trip

3. refill to same point and note mileage

3. divide litres used by 4.54.

4. divide mileage by answer from 3.

My odometer also over reads by about 4%, compared to my GPS, so I multiply my millage by .96 to get a corrected figure beofre doing the MPG calculation.

If I get 27 I`m happy, normally its 25 or less. Mine normally gets driven at 70-75mph, or has an outing into the dunes, or has done a lot of city driving. I must admit, I was hoping the fuel ecconomy was going to be a bit better than what it is.

I am going to have to do a good run just sitting on 60 to see what it can really do.

I always get between 30 and 32 mpg when not towing. Speedo is only 1 mph out at 40 and 2 mph out at 70, so quite accurate.

With J Fearn reprogram and 15% gear increase from disco 2 T box gears.

9 months old (2005) and run in. (31,000 miles)

From new it was about 27mpg,

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just been upto Yorkshire and back

trip up 360 miles on 45.53L - 35.9mpg at 60-65 motorway all the way

up and down dale for the week 230 miles on 30.1L - 34.7mpg

havent refilled since coming home but its done 260 miles and is showing half a tank (normally 210miles)

Quite suprised really, good news though!

Disco TD5, Auto

Never made the 500mile mark but been very close.

Always wait till the orange light is on and always takes £80 (or round about) of fuel.

Whether its a week travelling on the M8 from Glasgow to Edinburgh and back (roughly 90 mile return trip and although I,ve tried, I aint ever stuck to 70mph) or the wife uses it for local trips over a couple of weeks it always returns over 420 miles for a fill up. Haven,t taken exact notes so I cant give an exact figure at the mo.

Managed about 490miles on holiday in Yorkshire.

Wife states that it gives better fuel economy than her Ford Focus 1.6 estate, so she now only drives the Disco, (think I,m getting conned here!!)

Range366

always makes me laugh about MPG on landies.

Reminds me of a good mate of mine who had a TVR Chrimea. Another mate (who is a tight ar*e) of mine asked him almost every week for the 3 years he had it .what the MPG of the TVR was.

Mate with the TVR always said.

I don't know , don't want to know , jut fill it up when it needs more petrol.

My tight ar*e mate could never understand that you have a car because you like it and not because of what MPG it does. It always shocked him that my mate never knew what MPG the TVR did even up to when he sold it (btw he only sold it because his misses had a kid , and he could not get a car seat for the back :lol: )