LRO show

Paul Humphreys

I had a laugh met up with a few old friend

met a few people from the forums nice to put names to faces...

I enjoyed having a quiet weekend don't remember much about sat night :blush:

I do remember talking Andy into firing up moglit at about 10.30...

Comments form the weekend that I'm still laughing about...

The kayos that follows "here hold my Beer , Watch this"

&

Friends are people that you can call to bail you out of the local nick, Your best mate is the bloke stood next to you in the cell saying " dude that was superb"

Sorry they made me laugh.

Didn't buy much

What a weekend! It was great to see everyone and meet a few new people. I got a few bits and peices, the purchase of the weekend was a brand new 90 Amp 24V alternator for £55 which'll run the winch electrics. It's 'kin huge, though, so I now need to work out exactly how it'll fit!

Saturday night was very entertaining; some really good stories and some very sore heads on Sunday morning ;) It was also great to see Moglite out and about for the first time; I love those 44s :wub:

I think next time I tow down there I'm going to have to find a route back that doesn't include Birdlip hill. I got a tad warm coming up it!

Had a great weekend, big thanks to the Shire crew for letting me camp with them B) (will see some of you again at 7S) Nice to see a load of people i knew, and a load of new people. Some cracking stories on Saturday night :hysterical: And all i can say about Moglite is wow, you've done a fantastic job there Andy :D

Spent a load of money :o but was definately worth going.

I had a great time. Too much beer and hangovers but I met lots of old friends, lots of new ones and some very unusual people - the latter can identify themselves I have no doubt. :) Thanks to all.

Seeing Moglite was a bit of a highlight. Much, much more impressive than in the pictures I felt - the scale of it really is difficult to see in pictures.

Chris

Good show. Very very busy, huge number of punters and lots of sales. Facilities were good, clean and tidy - so unlike the sewer that is Billing.

Moglite was superb - but what more could I expect?

Will Warne's motor was an experience not to be missed.

Mike Browns Tomcat made me jealous - is this the only Tomcat in the UK with good panel fit?.

All in all a good show - but bloody tiring. Left on Weds last week, got back at 01.00 this morning, then back in at 10.00 to unload the wagons, clean the 110 ready for clients tomorrow.

had a great week end :D great to meet up with people i don't know by sight. :P glad all who visited the shire stand had fun and yep, moglite is amazing :) i was back to work today and i am still recovering from saturday night! :hysterical: everytime i went past the grag stand on my way to have a pee, they promptly took the p**s out of me and they tried tempting me with a jam tart! :D

Facilities were good, clean and tidy - so unlike the sewer that is Billing.

You must have been using a different set to the ones near us then. :(

We were near a camping field where there was a large generator running all night long. Not noticable in the day but in the night damned loud and no fun while trying to sleep. It mysteriously stopped at about 1130 Saturday night. ;)

Chris

You must have been using a different set to the ones near us then. :(

We were near a camping field where there was a large generator running all night long. Not noticable in the day but in the night damned loud and no fun while trying to sleep. It mysteriously stopped at about 1130 Saturday night. ;)

Chris

We found a toilet/shower block hidden away from the plebs - I can't tell you where. It had it's own dedicated cleaner and HOT water.

If you think a big genny is loud, try a fun fair. Mind you the Waltser was a hoot

Head just about stopped throbbing now!

Bloody good weekend - particularly hanging with the Shire club on Fri & Sat night. Met some good people - Rebecc....Sharon was funny! :ph34r:

Moglite was just awsome! The photos I've seen so far just do not give it credit. It is one of the most impressive machines I've seen yet and sets a high standard for anyone to follow. You can see the amount of thought that has gone in to the design & layout of EVERYTHING and the level of engineering & attention to detail is impressive. Hope it goes as good as it looks!

Got home a bit late - and very tired. SV managed 35mph up birdlip hill with trailer with no overheating (well done Alisport!) I'll think about unloading the Landy & trailer tomorrow - just too tired today.

Thanks all - particularly Chris for helping out on the stand.

Si

mmm shame i missed it

Saw Moglite at Andys place before i left to come back to Aus. Awesome truck would love to play with it. :lol:

Will (what i was talking to you about Saturday lunch time, on the Shires stand)

Went to the toy store next door :D yeaterday Flat top old style , curve top new style (don't know how new, because my 90 has a curve top and thats has been on for nearly 3.5 years). $88 for flat top , about $95 for curve top one. Both in stock. Do you want one sent over

It was indeed a really nice show :)

Great people, lots of beer, and a fried breakfast when I arrived at 8am on Saturday morning :)

Only downer was I had to leave on Sunday lunchtime as No1 son broke his arm and had to have an op to have it wired up - still he is fine now :)

Many thanks for all the kind comments about MogLite - makes it worthwhile :D:D:D

I'll update my webpages as soon as BT stop farkin with my webspace :angry:

But for those of you that couldn't make it

LROShow2006011.jpg

I've uploaded my other show piccies - okay Shires/MogLite and Unimogs !! to

Photobucket

Gotta go - MOT man is a calling

Andy

It was indeed a really nice show :)

Great people, lots of beer, and a fried breakfast when I arrived at 8am on Saturday morning :)

Only downer was I had to leave on Sunday lunchtime as No1 son broke his arm and had to have an op to have it wired up - still he is fine now :)

Many thanks for all the kind comments about MogLite - makes it worthwhile :D:D:D

I'll update my webpages as soon as BT stop farkin with my webspace :angry:

But for those of you that couldn't make it

LROShow2006011.jpg

I've uploaded my other show piccies - okay Shires/MogLite and Unimogs !! to

Photobucket

Gotta go - MOT man is a calling

Andy

bloody hell andy you have done alot in the weeks since i saw it. Must have been burning alot of midnight oil

I see you have a Q plate does that mean it is road legal now

mmmm Birdlip Hill screwed my temp completely had to stop and let the bubbling niose subside, fortunately I don' t think that the engine is damaged. May not have happened if BRITPART who had the only thermostat for a 300tdi in the show would have sold it to me, but they wouldnt as they said it was in a new engine and they might forget to replace it before it was sold.

Shame on you BRITPART I thought the landrover community was about helping each other out :angry:.

Last weekend we were replacing a gearbox on a 110 for someone who was on their way to croatia and you guys couldnt even sell me a thermostat - My next project starting this month will require an investment of about £10k i can tell you that you wont see a penny of it!

The readers of this forum - make what you will of this post.

mmmm Birdlip Hill screwed my temp completely had to stop and let the bubbling niose subside, fortunately I don' t think that the engine is damaged. May not have happened if Bearmach who had the only thermostat for a 300tdi in the show would have sold it to me, but they wouldnt as they said it was in a new engine and they might forget to replace it before it was sold.

Shame on you Bearmach I thought the landrover community was about helping each other out :angry:.

Last weekend we were replacing a gearbox on a 110 for someone who was on their way to croatia and you guys couldnt even sell me a thermostat - My next project starting this month will require an investment of about £10k i can tell you that you wont see a penny of it!

did not think of poping into halfords on the way there or back :)

mmmm Birdlip Hill screwed my temp completely had to stop and let the bubbling niose subside, fortunately I don' t think that the engine is damaged. May not have happened if Bearmach who had the only thermostat for a 300tdi in the show would have sold it to me, but they wouldnt as they said it was in a new engine and they might forget to replace it before it was sold.

Shame on you Bearmach I thought the landrover community was about helping each other out :angry:.

Didn't Britpart have one you could buy

Bearmach wern't the only stand there :unsure:

(They sponser me so I should try to defend them) :ph34r: