What do the blue squares represent?

GBMUD

Since we're asking - when you open a post and there are the list of names at the bottom of members who are currently viewing that thread, sometimes one or two are kind of bold and dotted underlined - what's that all about?

Al. :huh:

It means they are writing a reply for that thread

Oooh!

Ta. Al.

Is that a gay reply? Not that I have gay 'issues', you understand. It just seemed that your reply was a tad 'pink', not that pink is in any way a gay comment, or indeed insulting in any way to anyone that might be restricted in the testosterone dept, you understand.

Where's HFH when I need a coat :D

Les. :lol:

Those of us that have far too much to say have the maximum of three. I don't know what they are for, or indeed how you earn them. If they are post count related, then it's a bit uneven, as DrGoon who has 38 posts, has 2 squares, and I have 3 squares and 2,500+ posts.

Perhaps when Trev or Geoff get their lazy backsides out of bed/sober up/get back from the 'clinic' - they might enlighten us all.

I mean - what do they get paid for ?

Les. :)

The pips? :)

OK Newbies get one for free

Members (20 posts) get two

and Old Hands get three (100 posts).

At 500 posts you can choose your own title.

Unless Geoff knows different I think they are forum defaults.

We do have a three strikes and your out type conter as well but we thought the members on here were far to nice to warrant implementing such measures :ph34r:

The pips? :)

OK Newbies get one for free

Members (20 posts) get two

and Old Hands get three (100 posts).

If you click on 'members' at the top of the page, and then sort them 'all members' by 'total posts' in 'decending order' you get to see which of us has the most to say. You seem to get 3 squares when you have 200 posts. As I have only made 160 posts, I have 2 squares. Only 40 to go then.....

Thanks Trev. Simple enough but not very useful.

Chris

Which is why we've never bothered to change them from the forum default :lol:

As Les says, I'm far too lazy to go and check, but I think they're related to post count only, nothing to do with the group you're in (except that that just happens to change automatically at the same number of posts you gain the second pip).