Another Stolen One, Epsom Green 110 CSW

cackshifter

Time to start marking every part on your vehicle with your Reg number

I just read that comment Zoltan and the first thing that popped into my head was having the Reg No. stamped into every panel as though it were some sort of embossing, and then obviously it would then take a good bit of work to get the panels back to normal flat shape and then painted, so potentially not worth the hassle and iff it were done in exactly the same place by as many folk as we could muster then it really would make life hard and traceable!!!!

I did once think of painting the reg number on the roof, viisible to the police helicopter but probably the last place a thief would look until they started stripping it.

This is done by many caravan owners I've heard , and for the time it takes it may well be worth it ?

I hope the OP's friend is treated well by their insurers, all this thieving is sickening

cheers

Steveb

I can't remember what it's called, but there is something similar on the LandyWatch site. They supply a sticker for your roof (I presume similar to the orange circle & number, cop cars have on the roof) with a unique identifier visible from Helicopters.

Not a bad idea!

Si

Can't see it being worth it. I'd imagine most are broken inside a warehouse or something anyway away from prying eyes plus it'd only be visible by police helicopter, doubt they'll scramble that for a stolen land rover?

I can't remember what it's called, but there is something similar on the LandyWatch site. They supply a sticker for your roof (I presume similar to the orange circle & number, cop cars have on the roof) with a unique identifier visible from Helicopters.

Not a bad idea!

Si

skytag. :)

its not only helicopter tho.. its also cctv, camera's on motorway bridges. etc etc :)

OK, a little bit more info to add. The guy at the end of the street wires CCTV for a living so his house is state of the art. Apparently 2 guys drove up and down a few times then approached on foot and messed with it and retreated. Then they returned and pushed it out into the road and down the street. It is normally blocked in by a car so maybe they had been watching or maybe they got lucky. Anyway, apparently they messed with it again for a while at the end of the street, couldn't start it and towed it away.

Learning from this, to defend against this type of attack, an immobiliser or pedal lock is not effective. Locking it in low reverse and the x-lock steering lock protection might have helped.

OK, a little bit more info to add. The guy at the end of the street wires CCTV for a living so his house is state of the art. Apparently 2 guys drove up and down a few times then approached on foot and messed with it and retreated. Then they returned and pushed it out into the road and down the street. It is normally blocked in by a car so maybe they had been watching or maybe they got lucky. Anyway, apparently they messed with it again for a while at the end of the street, couldn't start it and towed it away.

Learning from this, to defend against this type of attack, an immobiliser or pedal lock is not effective. Locking it in low reverse and the x-lock steering lock protection might have helped.

Handy information to know. What did they tow it with?