Thieves in Caterham/Surrey 15/10/13

CwazyWabbit

Yes, they don't notice the pedal lock even when it's bright yellow bumblebee striped. Mine has been broken into twice in my drive and once down a lane in Kingscote when I was walking the dog. Each time I returned the door had been opened, but nothing taken, so it was the car they were after.

Personally I would be sticking some stills of them in the windows and a little note saying "we're watching you...". Doubt they would be back then....

Did the police not come and dust it? Or are they a bit beyond that now :)

They didn't dust mine but they have the Diahatsu that got nicked at the same time (but they dumped it as it had a knackered clutch) which I believe they are dusting.

I've thought about putting the still pictures in the car but am in two minds, would they come back and be more stealthy so to speak?

They didn't dust mine but they have the Diahatsu that got nicked at the same time (but they dumped it as it had a knackered clutch) which I believe they are dusting.

I've thought about putting the still pictures in the car but am in two minds, would they come back and be more stealthy so to speak?

Or just come back and cause damage.

Well I've sat on the fence as to upgrade to the new style locks, you've just pushed me over and now its been a rather expensive morning, with a rear window grill now on its way to me, with a new 02 onwards set of locks inc door handles... it might feel expensive now, but if it stops my pride and joy disappearing it will be cheap as chips...

X Eng pedal lock ordered!

Now I just need window guards, dead bolts, alsation, smart water, tracker, armed guard etc.etc.

Me? Paranoid?

I noticed on my 110 that the rubber seal for the rear windows has been mounted with the "security strip" on the inside, which doesn't stop them smashing the glass I know. Is this why Land Rover deleted the windows from later models I wonder?

X Eng pedal lock ordered!

Now I just need window guards, dead bolts, alsation, smart water, tracker, armed guard etc.etc.

Me? Paranoid?

I noticed on my 110 that the rubber seal for the rear windows has been mounted with the "security strip" on the inside, which doesn't stop them smashing the glass I know. Is this why Land Rover deleted the windows from later models I wonder?

Don't forget the Sky Tag Mike!

security seal is irrelevant!