Is there a simple headlamp upgrade? Without a new loom?

Not having seen the loom. The flash on a stalk is wired separate from the headlight wiring. The flash should work all the time. No ignition. No lights on.

Do you still have the horn functioning ?

No ignition and no lights on the flash works fine. When dipped beam is on I can hear a relay click but with no change to the lights? Can't test the horn at the moment as I haven't got round to fitting it yet.

• 1 month later...

By the lack of updates or photo's do I take it the 6 quid looms were a fizzer???

The ones I ordered certainly were, buggers never arrived and had to complain via Paypal and Ebay to get me money back!

• 1 year later...

To have the dip switched on permantly.

Remove the shroud from the steering column.

Comming up the column is a cluster of wires.

The Blue wire is the headlight feed to the switch.

Te Blue with a red tracer is the dip feed from the dipswitch.

Cut both these wires and join together.I use a bullet connector but you can now get a proper Lucar block connector.

Please try this with test wirs before cutting the wires.

You can also do the same thing useing a relay.PM me if you would like me to sort this method out.

Get out bit.....

I've given you this information to the best of my ability.This is the method I've used on four of my rally cars and most of my road cars.Please use a fused link to check everything works before reconnecting the battery.

headlight+wiring.jpg

This is how mine is fitted to the inside of the left front wing.

The two brown wires are the live feed from the starter motor terminal

The spiral wrapped wires are the feeds from the old headlight connector to trigger the relays.

The wire comming out of the front of the fuse box [on the right of the picture] are the wires to each headlight.

The relay to the front of the picture