Oh my god

reads90

This is what happens is Aus. They have parking places for only 4x4's in shopping centers. As you can see the parking places are over a high crub so that 4x4 can only park there.

These are real parking places not just some where theyhave dumped them. It says on the signs 4x4 parking only. NO greenpeace here :lol::lol:

Sorry for the qualtiy but done with the phone

Image012.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image011.jpg

Heard that too, although I think the thing is just a "plan" which means:

1) They've not actually done it yet

2) They probably haven't thought about how exactly they would ever manage to do it (how would you define a gas guzzler / 4x4?)

3) They are just grabbing headlines

Still a bunch of arse though :rolleyes:

It wasn't 4x4's, it was high polluting vehicles (bloody media! :rolleyes: )

...I'd reckon it would be done on a system like the tax disc and it was for residents parking zones, so would be pretty easy to administer when people applied for their permits. Does prejudice against large families etc/disabled people - I'd like to see them attempt to use a smart car! :huh:

Also - why do they only ever quote CO2 figures as pollution?

If I was in charge, I would be taxing cars made from plastic and run on batteries for all the chemicals used in the manufacturing process and the electricity used to recharge the batteries (that will not longer hold charge after a year if they are similar to mobile phone batteries).

Toyota Prius - environmentally friendly? My ar*e!!

Also - why do they only ever quote CO2 figures as pollution?

If I was in charge, I would be taxing cars made from plastic and run on batteries for all the chemicals used in the manufacturing process and the electricity used to recharge the batteries (that will not longer hold charge after a year if they are similar to mobile phone batteries).

Toyota Prius - environmentally friendly? My ar*e!!

Someone was moaning on Radio 4 that they had to replace their electric car's batteries at a cost of £12,000 after a couple of years IIRC.

I thought the idea was to have a battery hire scheme rather than purchase them, that way you have fixed costs and disposal wouldn't be the owner's problem.

Someone was moaning on Radio 4 that they had to replace their electric car's batteries at a cost of £12,000 after a couple of years IIRC.

I thought the idea was to have a battery hire scheme rather than purchase them, that way you have fixed costs and disposal wouldn't be the owner's problem.

That sounds really good for the environment...

Or any other country that has hills, unmade roads and does not penalise ppl for living!!

I'm already here :D

If I was in charge I would just shoot all the people that waste time and natural resources thinking up lots of stupid f****g ideas about saving the planet none of which will ever make it in to production because they are all so cr&p that nobody will use them. That in itself must be a huge waste of resources! And then shoot all the people that make normal people try to use those ideas by taxing anything that people already use out of existence.

Bah humbug :angry::rolleyes:

Looking at the plans any car over 1500cc will have to pay more with top braket CO2 emmission cars up to 200% more! Basically it looks like annother money grabbing scheme under the pretext of helping the enviroment. :rtfm:

Oz seems more appealing by the minute.

I'm already here :D

If I was in charge I would just shoot all the people that waste time and natural resources thinking up lots of stupid f****g ideas about saving the planet none of which will ever make it in to production because they are all so cr&p that nobody will use them. That in itself must be a huge waste of resources! And then shoot all the people that make normal people try to use those ideas by taxing anything that people already use out of existence.

Bah humbug :angry::rolleyes:

Wouldn't they then complain about all the Land fill you'd have created :lol:

As someone has already pointed out, the legislation is actually pointed at cars that pollute more/use more fuel.

I think that is ok, after all, I spend f*ck all time in London so it could burn to the ground for all I care. What really, and I mean REALLY p*sses me off is how the BBC, YET AGAIN, single out 4x4's. As if the entire world would choke and die if we don't do anything about these awful cancer-causing, child molesting, bunny-rabbit slaughtering 4 wheel drives!!!! :angry:

I've fessed up before, I drive a Jeep... I like my Jeep... it returns, on average, 30mpg on my weekly journeys... that's about 3-4mpg less than my 2001 Mini Cooper did and about 6-7mpg MORE than my pals Nissan 350Z!!! The TDi/5 Disco and Defender owners on here reckon their trucks get about the same 28-30mpg... Where's the guzzling??? Additionally, I drive a hell of a lot slower and take a lot more care with my 4x4 than I did in my Mini, I've knocked about 25mph off my crusing speed :ph34r: ... I realise I'm hurtling along in 2 tonnes of steel and I drive appropriately, not like some drivers you see sitting 3 inches off the bumper in front!!

You want to tax less fuel efficient cars (and I'm not even going to get into the argument about how we pay more tax on fuel anyway) then that's one thing... but when the news organisation that I pay the license fee for start victimising one particular type of vehicle!!!!!!!!

GaaaaaaaHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

i heard it first on jeremy vine, he said cant say 4x4s as he gets too many complaints. hes only spoke about gas gluzzers so far.

it kind of makes sense if based on roadtax classes, however as he pointed out in his trailer - you own a big car you probably own a drive so wont need a permit anyway.

Sent the following off on the Radio 1 Newsbeat page, be gobsmacked if I hear or read it on their site:

Well, if this gets published I will be amazed but here goes.

Yet again I am infuriated by BBC radios reporting of announcements such as this. According to the article on the BBC News website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6082690.stm) the legislation is pointed at less fuel-efficient vehicles. There is virtually no mention of 4x4's specifically, yet your reporting on Radio One seems to focus solely on 4-wheel drives.

This is blatant tabloid-ism! Under these schemes drivers of sports cars, some small cars and large luxury saloon cars are to be included also, yet where is the mention of the gas-guzzling people-carrier in your on-air reporting? Constantly 4x4's are singled out as though they are the sole cause of carbon emissions on the road. Official figures would dispute that strongly. The V8 Range Rover at £68,000 gets exactly the same miles-per-gallon and slightly lower CO2 emissions than the £68,000 BMW M5. The diesel version of the Range Rover travels 25% further on a gallon of fuel than the BMW, its carbon emissions are around 83% of the BMWs but time and time again the BBC single out the 4-wheel drive for criticism.

Personally I am in agreement that in large cities there should be a restriction on the number and types of vehicle allowed in on a daily basis. Somewhere like London has a better than average transport system, its inhabitants should be encouraged to take advantage of it and the government should be obliged to invest more in it. However, when it is presented in such a single-minded Greenpeace-pandering manner I must strongly object.

As a national news organisation you should be ashamed of your blatantly biased news reporting. If you feel you must dumb-down your news reporting to suit your intended target audience, do us all the favour and leave the reporting to organisations with more integrity.

Just realise how much I sound like my dad :huh: