Oh my god

reads90

Excellent response. I wish I could be that eloquent.

Time and time again we're singled out as the cause of the worlds pollution, yet buses and HGVs thunder past me belching out huge clouds of black smoke, and have you seen the carp a diesel train chucks out?! :angry:

Grrrrhhh!!! :ph34r:

Well said that man... I like your dad too....

Look at the otehr stuff they are ignoring... Lexus RX 450H is a hybrid luxury saloon car. The base engine is something like a 3.3 litre V8 with 300 ish hosses. The battery motors add acceleration to approximate 400+ hosses.

Now how can that car be considered environmentally friendly. It starts with a bigger engine than most!!!

We ought to draw up a list of cars by CO2 rating and send that to the BBC as well... Will be fun to see where the "4X4"'s start appearing.. I bet there are hundreds of cars above the humble LR TD5 or the oldie but goldie V8 3.5's.....

Re. the diesel trains.. They aren't even on the clean low sulphur diesel that cars were moved too around 2000..... The diesel they use has all the bad stuff that was taken out for cars so it's probably just getting worse....

Neil

What annoys me all these so-called environmental measures involve tax, if they want to reduce pollution then ration fuel; to reduce congestion, don't open carparks in cities until 10:00 and provide good bus services; to discourage people from owning big cars, reduce the size of parking bays; to reduce long journies, have a proper integrated transport system (with through ticketing that doesn't require a degree in maths to understand) and so on.

greetings, well this has at last prompted me to join the forum

have been in the car all day so have listened to this all day and what really gets me is the shortsightedness of it. I am not against paying more for a more polluting vehicle but if that's the way forward then it has to include all environmental considerations - construction pollution, transport of the vehicle to the uk and the usable life of the vehicle (and probably several others but it's late) Taking this into account and judging from the number of 10yr old+ 4x4s on the road compared to 'normal' cars then my estimate would be that even allowing for the thirsty nature of some 4x4s i would still think most offerings would probably actually be among the least polluting vehicles and should be encouraged :unsure:

Mind you that's probably a bit sensible for the average knee jerk politician/greenie - no offence or owt

Excellent! That's just shut a woman up in the office who's been berating me for weeks about driving a Discovery. She's just bought a Prius. Oh revenge is sweet!!! :D:D

I didn't have to say anything, other than "Read this". Her face was a picture, and when a colleague on the adjoining desk asked her what the matter was the reply was a hurried, "Nothing, everything's fine!" :ph34r:

Hands up anyone that wants to move to Oz?

Or any other country that has hills, unmade roads and does not penalise ppl for living!!

Me! Me! Me!

Funny you should say that, my girlfreinds got a chance to relocate to Oz, I am just deciding whether it's worth a wedding!

It's getting much more likely :unsure:

I sent an email to greenpeace asking for some of their "Land Rover Climate Change Criminal" stickers...one for each of my 3 Land Rovers and after a few days I recieved this reply

We aren’t campaigning on this issue any more so have, unfortunately, run out. Maybe you could get one from here; http://www.stopurban4x4s.org.uk/shop.htm#parking

Nice one

I sent an email to greenpeace asking for some of their "Land Rover Climate Change Criminal" stickers...one for each of my 3 Land Rovers and after a few days I recieved this reply

We aren’t campaigning on this issue any more so have, unfortunately, run out. Maybe you could get one from here; http://www.stopurban4x4s.org.uk/shop.htm#parking

Nice one

It figures I suppose - seeing that everyone and their dog our now anti 4x4 there is no need for Greenpi$$ to do anything. They can sit back and watch. :(