LR4x4 Treasurer Escapes - Would YOU do this ? ... THOUSAND RIVERS 4X4.

Hybrid_From_Hell

It'll be worth it Nige , Peter Graves did this a few times and had a great time , of course the

follow up to this used to be the Croisieres Blanc for a bit of white laning if the weather came

right

isn't there someone on here that does upgraded washers......? oh hang on ..... ;)

I'll be off then :P

cheers

Steveb

Today is get sorted day...120km drive to event start.

scrutineers truck stickering drivers and navigators briefing

Major turns up tonight to alk and start event

On phone only so will keep brief hope readable !

The event will be a sort of 3 day green laning event.

Each day you set off from where you ended previous day

Each day is 99% off road in the mountains and circa 100-120kms

100 4x4s set off in 3 stages we hope to be the early 7.00am group as if you are last group there can be chaos when others get stuck

It's tough Greenloaning plus winching waffles etc....not a nice gentle trundle but not a full blown challenge....but 120kms is still going some with a few sticks chucked in !

More later. ...

crutinerring past stickers on

pre breifing 1 at 8.00pm...

we are on group 1 leaving 7.00am after briefing 2 at 6.30am. ..

then it's 3 days of off roading 300-400 kms of fun....

can't wait. ...book in lovely old place 3 ft thick walls ..heated ..vvv clean ...shower ..bed.. bog 30 euros !!!

poss early nights ....bring 6.30am lol

post-22-0-70251200-1415374388_thumb.jpg

Dear Mr HFH,

The following is the only frogesse :rolleyes: that you will need on your trip ………. BTW ….. been there, done that.

ça pute – a generalized vulgarity

ça me fait chier, - mumble this at random

je m’en fou – you will need this a lot

Ta Gueule –shout this at 'off road toad' when the frogs are in earshot

C’est vraiment des conneries - this is what you say to the course marshalls

:hysterical:

I'll be really interested to hear about how it goes. I've looked at this for a long time.

I'd be interested to know how difficult it is - the application has a fairly minimal vehicle spec, whereas some of the videos show sections that look to require a locker and have the potential for damage.

Er yes...

Me...

A chap with less than f all sense of direction.....In charge of days navigating 12th ms on 45 pages of tulips....With a terratrip

. ..side get lost !

Steve drove perfectly. ..no damage ...many entrants had severe damages / breakages...

Some sections could put a full blown challenge to shame...and the rocks. ...not much give lol

We have clunk. ..think its just worn jockey bushes otherwise fine

Definitely will have good kids May have to edit language

Pic shows a near deep vertical drop with rocks to kick you off track ....followed by moe more and more of the same hill climbs of 300 metres on slippery rock...

wow wow wow...post-22-0-99637400-1415473838_thumb.jpg

It was an excellent event, taking the Discovery 3 around was interesting to say the least - its a bit fatter than all the 90's! Still it got round with nothing more than scratches on the bodywork, which is more than can be said for the tree sliders and the winch bumper, but they saved the bodywork.

I would thorougly recommend it to anyone, but it is tough - half simple green lanes, quarter interesting and quarter full blown challeng tough.

It was great to meet Nige and Steve, and a thoroughly good time was had by all.