Advice please gents...... Edelbrock carbs

mcc1979ian

In fact I had one on a 110 3,5 once it was so bad at angles, that when I reversed up where I parked at the time, It would stall when i hit the end where the gravel transitioned into a burm before a ditch, hard to explain but you can probably imagine how small an incline that is!

Didn't have the offroad kit though, but have seen landies that where fitted with it and it didn't seem to do much good!

Stick with the Megasquirt,the carb is a bad idea.There is nothing to be afraid of with EFI,or electrics.Wiring diagrams are just like dot to dot,takes me back to my childhood.See it as an opportunity to learn,it really isn't that complex,yet its amazing how many people in the garage trade really don't understand it.Once you get it, it really makes sense and you see carbs as total old hat and hard to work with,because they just aren't as good.

Well I have one, and I think it sounds great.

I had the LPG mixer, but I found it problematic finding lpg in unfamiliar places.

This is not my everyday commuting car, so I don't need to worry so much about mpg.

I have off road needles to add, but haven't quite fitted them as yet. I haven't tried it in anger offroad since the lpg was removed.

Megasquirt is one of my options for the future, but at the moment, I am mostly enjoying the induction roar through the unrestricted carb.

Had one, it never stayed in tune for more than a few hundred miles, was hateful spitefully awful off road, MPG akin to a bucket with a hole in it with no bottom and when I pulled it off & put a 2nd hand Flapper EFI system on it was miles better in every way.

MS is not a wiring nightmare, just keep it neat, work methodically & when working out snags don't skip things you "know" are right.

Ahh. Want it to be good off road. The other options megasquirt but I'm hopeless with electrics

If off-road includes water over the bonnet etc. then unless you seal the air intake all the way to the carbs, you are also introducing a nice funnel to get water into the top of your engine.....