Reading the small print...!!!!

Maverik

Feel lucky to have a good supplier (Causeway4x4) in the UK who gets me what I want and the quality I need.

No, he's not the cheapest but I know what to expect from him and he delivers. In time. To France.

E-Bay is a mess...

Bit that pees me off is the "Mainland Delivery" which is quite often free, or a minimal charge. Unless of course you live on the mainland, like me, but above a certain postcode which puts me into the same category as "overseas". It's Scotland, it's mainland, it's on a motorway, with a main rail line and an airport and I'm NOT surrounded by water!

Recently bought a radiator for a 200tdi off ebay from a vendor based in London:

"Is it all metal" I ask

"Yes" says vendor

"Are you sure?"
"Yes" he says

I order. Listing states £9 mainland UK delivery.

Vendor emails shortly afterwards "Courier says because you live in what is classed as a remote area there's a £9 surcharge, so £18 total"

I still order as it is a good price even with surcharge.

It arrives. Metal fins, plastic tanks.

I contact vendor tell him I dont want it.

"Oh ok return it for refund"

So I do. The same courier that delivered it to me, quoted me to return it......£9 delivery. I ask why there's no £9 remote area surcharge.

"OH thats because London is not classed as a remote area" he says.

What!

• Like 1

Oh I hear that load and clear. What about NI being UK. Shipping prices uk mainland to NI are rational, but to cross an imaginary line on the same land mass (to deliver to Ireland) the price nearly triples! I know for a fact many of these freight companies use the same hubs/network so wtf!!b

It doesn't say you won't be getting a Bearmach item either, and I think if you received anything else of inferior quality you would be able to get refunded through eBay buyer protection as it would be clear mis-selling.

The seller has to cover all costs of shipping and return in that instance so its almost worth doing, though I'd probably just drop them a line & ask what brand they ship.

Yes. "Free delivery" is a pain.

But it is even worse when living in France because as we all can understand, shipping form China and the likes costs a fraction of what it costs to ship from the UK to France. Even a jiffy bag from the UK will easily set you back a ukp. 15

However, that will al change next month..... :rofl:

Paddocks seem to be repeat offenders. I bought an exhaust section that had a Bosal picture titled quality aftermarket but what arrived was a Britpart item.

Mo

This is the weird thing about them. I've challenged them before about gen parts in blue boxes and they insisted that Britpart repack 'other' parts in some cases.

This is the weird thing about them. I've challenged them before about gen parts in blue boxes and they insisted that Britpart repack 'other' parts in some cases.

I gave up with them a long time ago. Just getting through to someone to actually speak to is impossible. LRDirect and Britcar are far more reliable and answer the phone and email, and give a clear choice of supplier (with generally keen prices too).

• Like 1

Oh I hear that load and clear. What about NI being UK. Shipping prices uk mainland to NI are rational, but to cross an imaginary line on the same land mass (to deliver to Ireland) the price nearly triples! I know for a fact many of these freight companies use the same hubs/network so wtf!!b

Erm don't get me started on postage prices, I think me and you know all too well don't we ?