Reading the small print...!!!!

Maverik

This kind of advertisement really grinds my gears!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Radiator-with-Intercooler-for-Land-Rover-Defender-300Tdi-ESR3683-/181776886639?hash=item2a52bf2b6f:g:TaQAAOSwAYtWHnpU

going by the picture what do you "think" you'd be getting....

well evidently not if you read the small print... why can't sellers be transparent about the goods they sell?

Grrrr!

I just find looking for parts exhausting sometimes... like now! all I want is a radiator with some kind of brand attached to it to give me some piece of mind its not going to spill the trucks guts while I'm shooting down the M1!

LR quoted one for me at £650 without a discount. I'm half tempted to go for it... ergh

I emailed one of Bearmach's Directors about it. Doesn't help you, but they might be able to make them think twice before doing it again! Using unauthorised photos on line can be expensive!

I would send it back and order one from a Bearmach authorised reseller - plus a bit of negative feedback for the seller!

Si

ooooh near miss there! Well spotted. Although unless I'm missing something they're covering themselves - it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't going to be a Bearmach item. A quick email to them might be the thing and to be fair they do make direct reference to contacting them for item specifics and give a phone number. They might well have unwritten permission to use Bearmach imagery. There are far worse things going on on ebay.

edit to remove irrelevant stuff and to say: not that it means anything but someone bought the same rad in the past month and gave happy feedback. Two of the 5 negatives in the last 12 months refer to items not being what the picture was showing.

George

(good luck getting one either way Mav)

Och macs Oswestry say no more!

Two or 5 bad experiences with mail order parts, but when you hit the parts counter and put your car in the workshops they're great.

On par with paddock spares for wrong parts and incorrect description.

I sometimes see people advertising parts for sale with photos from my blog!

There's lots of images on ebay which don't match the description, or are repeated for multiple items. You have to be confident in the seller being reputable and look for specific phrases. I tend to buy from retailers with their own websites these days

Mav are your oil cooler and rad both toast? I get stuff from Island fairly frequently and had a quick look just now - they do the Bearmach rad(only) for £175. They have the Britpart complete setup for £209. Least it's cheaper than the other guys. Don't know the Defemder setup but looks like you could put your oil cooler beside the new BEarmach rad?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm struggling to see the problem here.

I read the advert several times and couldn't work out the issue until I read the replies to the original post.

They've been honest in the description, it says brand unspecified and then don't rely on the watermark. That seems clear to me.

If I wanted a specific brand I'd read the description, not rely on the photo'.

I wouldn't expect a genuine part just because they used a Land Rover pt no'.

Pretty much. And Bearmach is not a brand. They just supply aftermarket parts from god knows where and any supplier they choose on the day.

If you have a bad radiator, take it to a real shop and have it recored. You will get something build buy someone that know what they are supplying.

Not sure they are rying to deceive just too lazy to get a pic of their own? The one used has faint watermark so not too noticable? Plus the small print is actually the medium print in that ad.

Soon learnt not to use the pic as evidence on flebay. Bit like foreign girl contact ads?

If you think this is confusing try searching for an SJCam!

They are a Chinese copy of GoPro but with a good rep, so now China copies the copies and all ebay ads use the SJCam name or product model name even though they sre poor copies. Even better the non WiFi versions are all labeled as WiFi regardless!

Not sure they are rying to deceive just too lazy to get a pic of their own? The one used has faint watermark so not too noticable? Plus the small print is actually the medium print in that ad.

Soon learnt not to use the pic as evidence on flebay. Bit like foreign girl contact ads?

If you think this is confusing try searching for an SJCam!

They are a Chinese copy of GoPro but with a good rep, so now China copies the copies and all ebay ads use the SJCam name or product model name even though they sre poor copies. Even better the non WiFi versions are all labeled as WiFi regardless!

The chinese are copying their own copies ? That's funny ,you wouldn't think they could cheapen their cheap rip offs but evidently so .

Paddocks is owned by Britpart. With Britpart, they use a suffix to define an OEM part. "G" for any OEM and if there are various brand choices, something to refer to the brand. It can be in their own packaging. They would only sell genuine if it was not available from another source.

From what I know about them I very much doubt it.More likely that he means they are so tangled-up with them that you'd think they were.

Certainly there are't as many "Genuinue" parts available as there are at say lrseries who offer great clarity on their site.

I tend to use Brit car for special bits - ebay for the rest and I've started using the Peter Vardy land Rover more and more just recently, they actually offer pretty decent prices on stuff and its crazy but they will discount genuine stuff if you ask them too...