Copper brake pipes -Td5?

Does anyone know what the difference between 300Tdi and Td5 hard brake pipes are - diameter, unions, config?

I'm rebuilding my Ninety at the moment, it's a 2.5NA but I have a Td5 bulkhead and servo and late 300Tdi or Td5 axles. I need to re-pipe the whole chassis anyway, but I can't see an easy way to buy a Td5 pipe sets.

I'm going to use Llama flexi too - anything else to think of?

The old wives tale of copper brake pipe failing through vibration is a load of rubbish. I have repaired cars for approx 30 years and have mostly used copper brake pipe and have never had or heard of the pipe failing. It wouldn't be approved for use if there was a risk of it fracturing (BS 2871 part 3, CN102 as well as BS EN 12451.1999.) It can easily be bent to shape (don't kink it though). Fittings are M10 x 1mm and are about 10p each if you buy them singly. A pack contains about 25ft and I get it for £16.

Les.

I have had two fail due to vibration on completely different vehicles however I am more than happy to use copper and I suspect kunifer would of failed to.

I think it's automec that do complete vehicle kits whether they do a kit for the td5 I don't know but I had a bespoke set made years ago for a mini jem (mini subframes just bigger gap in between) I just told them the extra length at a show and they posted to me.

Mike

If you fancy the Llama flexi brake lines, give A and B hoses a visit in Chesterfield they will make you up the pipes, IMHO better quality than Llama for much much less money!

Just need to tell them the lengths and what fittings you want. They'll do them whilst you wait.

(thats presuming you come back into Gods county anymore?)

I've always been interested in British cars using copper pipes because while I realise they won't corrode as much, I never thought they were strong enough. I say this because I once put copper pipes on my Landie - until one day I undid a fitting and the pipe sheared instantly!