All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi I'm after a decent quality RRC v8 Stainless Y pipe - the bit that goes from the cast manifolds back. I'm currently using NTC7320 from Britpart, but the quality is utter carp: https://www.devon4x4.com/ntc7320-exhaust-front-pipe-358758.html Where each of the pipes merges they are basically squashed in half which must hurt flow, , the slip joints needed welding to stop them leaking and it's starting to rust out even though it's only a couple of years old. Any suggestions for decent off the shelf stainless ones? ISTR one of the manufacturers did one as part of a sports exhaust package but I can't find it at the moment... Thanks Jon
  3. Today
  4. Don’t worry the carpet is going in the bin going black 👍
  5. I have a full set of superpro bushes except for the damper upper & lower fittings, ride is good & handles well. Plus the are oil, grease resistant so won't deteriorate of oil, power steering fluid gets on them.
  6. That’s great advice. Thanks a lot guys.
  7. call the rac or a locksmith. the rac have got in to a few cars for me, and my local locksmith (lives opposite to me) to my certain knowledge has never been beaten.
  8. bit of chassis chopping done today. (would have finished but ran out of cutting disks.) plus, this axle stand (my dads) compared to my big pair, is just terrible. same design as mine but the welds have no penatration at all. do you remember dads horsebox mot repair list from last year? (edit, you wont this is a copy and paste, again, cant be bothered to re write it...) i had to repeat the bushes yesterday (aftermarket garbage, went genuine this time) and when i lowered it onto the stands, the stand broke its welds and the lorry promptly hit the floor. no harm done but have you ever had to lift 7.5 tons up that you cant get a jack under. :shock: que one forklift truck later and it was sat on my axle stands and i got the job done. the repair? bash them straight again and some decent welding...
  9. With a 1" difference from side to side obviously at least one axle is not perpendicular to the chassis. It would probably be worth taking various chassis to axle measurements to try to identify the culprit(s). You don't want to apply corrective measures to the wrong axle end, and end up with the two wheel base measurements the same, but both axles non-perpendicular to the chassis. That could make steering very interesting! Whilst doing my ground up rebuild, still in progress, I recently checked my chassis alignment by using a plumb bob from various chassis locations to the garage concrete floor, chalk marking the concrete, and then measuring between marks. I found this was much easier than trying to measure directly on the chassis, even with the help of SWMBO. The result was a mis-alignment of just under a 3/16" on my front axle, and identical measurements on the rear axle. Since I have never experienced any steering issues I don't intend to take any action. I assume that this discrepancy is within the LR build tolerance. Best of luck with your detective work. Mike
  10. Cool thanks yet again. I’m guessing everyone gonna say original bushes over superpros ?
  11. unfortunately it is off.
  12. A little progress today, roof struts and repair patches to the GRP roof inside. i did fit some gas struts but they didn’t work as planned. Gas struts don’t lock themselves into a pre defined position either, if I did use them then i’d need to come up with a locking rod of some sort, I dropped the idea and went back to the original spring loaded arms, which after 47 years are still in good working order. ive created a timber bracket to hold the struts and to take the bunks, I will drop it down to my steel fabricator and get him to fashion replicas out of box section. and my my assistant for today was Millie looking her best....
  13. Might be worth leaving the hand brake off, if it's safe to do so, to stop it binding on. Griff
  14. Ignition on or off? If it's on can you put a screwdriver / crow-bar to prise open the window and trigger a window to go down?
  15. Paul The owner is incommunicado and don't know when he will be back. I have had the car since March. All the other buttons are down and yes I have tried all the doors and the boot. It is currently in front of my trailer but if I need to move it I will attach my Disco to the front of it and tow it out of the way. THe handle does feel like it is connected.
  16. Is there any resistance to the door handle? It's not unheard of for the cable to the handle to snap and thus won't allow you to open it from the outside.
  17. Hi Simon , I would see if the owner had a spare key first before putting a window through mate . Have you tried the other doors & are all of the buttons sticking up ?
  18. I am looking after someone's L322 and it is currently parked in my field out of the way and doesn't really need moved often. Today I went to jump start it and left the key in the ignition and shut the door. When I went back to it to try and start it the doors were locked and I now cannot get into it. The button on the drivers door is up suggesting it is unlocked but the door handle isn't doing anything. Can anyone tell me how to get into this car or is it a case of putting a brick through the window?
  19. all done, the battery is the old one off my car. will start the car as lomg as i use it every couple of days. it is, therefore, predictably flat at the moment. but electric start works and it generates power, the tank no longer leaks, so all is well!
  20. I'm not sure I want to go that far into the motor, but if it's an easy thing..................... I'll get eldest to strip the cap from the motor. He wants to be an electrical engineer, so it's about time he learned!
  21. Cracking thanks so could I go ome springs and monroe shocks? Would this be an ok set up if I don’t have the boge leveller? Great link.. very useful
  22. I have OME springs on my 110, IIRC 751 on front [now 2751] & 754 on rear [now 2754] these allow me to carry my 450kgs of motorsport recovery kit without any load induced suspension sag. got the years ago from Surrey offroad at Dunsfold. http://www.red90.ca/rovers/springinfo.html#OEM my dampers all round are OME as well
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy