OOh Er, Scorpion have been Naughty again!

smo

Just been looking on the official USA staun products site http://www.staunproducts.com and noticed this in their news section!

ATTENTION UK CUSTOMERS

IT HAS BEEN BOUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION THAT SCORPION RACING A FORMER RESELLER OF STAUN PRODUCTS, WHILE ADVERTISING STAUN TYRE DEFLATORS IS IN FACT SUPPLYING A CHEAP CHINESE COPY. WHILE NOT STATING THEY ARE STAUN THEY ARE BEING SOLD AS AN OPTION. STAUN WISH TO MAKE IT CLEAR IT DOES NOT SUPPLY SCORPION WITH ITS PRODUCTS AND SUGGESTS THAT SCORPION IS SELLING A PRODUCT PURELY ON PRICE AND SUPPLY A TOTALY INFERIOR PRODUCT IN BOTH QUAILTY AND PERFORMANCE.

This press release was published on 18 May 2007. For more information, please contact lee@staunproducts.com

So has anyone on here bought any ??

It would be nice to expose these fraudsters to the TS .

I happened to visit there stand at Eastnor .TBH it was not very impressive , Nothing new , and none of their own innovative creations to show , Oh and overpriced .

As a potential customer

I feel that an advert should be correct and honest.

if they are advertising Staun products and they are actually selling cheap Chinese copies that is

misrepresentation at best. Fraud at worst.

again and again this goes on.

Simon was wronged by this lot and now other suppliers.

bad business practice again.

I also heard from sources that Scrap iron have told all UK Magazines they are not to print any picture of the events entrants if they are sporting X-Eng stickers.

I also heard from sources that Scrap iron have told all UK Magazines they are not to print any picture of the events entrants if they are sporting X-Eng stickers.

Well that says it all now , Is this just Scam iron events that are published or all eventers that sport proudly the X eng Symbol.

Well that says it all now , Is this just Scam iron events that are published or all eventers that sport proudly the X eng Symbol.

well there is no point hearing about the Scrap iron events as they are all rigged anyway . So you know a sponsered Scrap Iron truck will win it anyay

well there is no point hearing about the Scrap iron events as they are all rigged anyway . So you know a sponsered Scrap Iron truck will win it anyay

Awwww, and I was gonna enter in the 109 too :( I was hoping they'd do me some nice springs for it :P

The Scorpion bashing is justified on their bad business ethics, but your statement above is uncalled for and should be retracted. Neil and AWDC runs his events professionally and with the integrity of an independent organiser. He can't be responsible for the dubious tactics of some entrants and has staretd to use electronic punches to eliminate this.

Cheers

Steve

they are all rigged anyway

I agree with Steve this in an innacurate statement that doesn't reflect everything else about sponsored off-road events. It gives the impression that there is cheating going on, where this is not the case.

Ethics is the problem here.

Les.

All that the comment above proves is your foolishness, and at the same time is higly insulting to those who organise, enter, and win these competitions

Like I said, best left alone.

No matter what the feelings are about Colins previous history - and most regular forumeers know only a very small part of what goes on - this forum is a public place. Stones thrown here cause ripples that spread, causing grief to many.

The shenanigins of the 4x4 trade are varied and multiferous. SR are not the first people to replicate products similar to others nor will they be the last. You don't have to like it ( Iknow I don't) but you need to live with it, because it won't stop.

As for Neil and AWDC, I think Nige is big enough and ugly enough to look after his corner with out the rest of us getting involved. The AWDC accepted the offer of SR sponsorship for a reason and it was their choice. As for internal wrangling as to whether Ali is right or wrong; all that does is divide the forum, Ali's less than subtle comment has been echoed by a few but has yet to be proven or denied - so why not just leave it!

Edited for calling Neil, Nige - something I keep doing even when I e-mail him