One Of My Best Tool investments

AJL

Hi just thought i'd share this with you couple of years ago now I decided to invest in some new sockets etc.

I bought the Halfords Pro 150 piece socket & Spanner set for £99.00 usual price £149 i've got to say its a really superb kit as well as every socket your ever likely to need biggest 32mm you also get a selection of great quality ring / openended spanners plus ratchet spanners too.

They usually discount this at Christmas and easter etc in their sale so if you wait you'll save £50!

The kit is guaranteed "lifetime" which enabled me to exchange for new a broken socket even after i'd used it as a drift to knock bearings out :blink: No questions asked just OK mate here you go!

The kit comes in an ABS Plastic case and is excellent to stick in the back of the truck

200-370635.jpg

Product info:

Chrome vanadium steel sockets and accessories

Fully polished chrome vanadium steel ratchets and combination spanners

Ratchet spanners metric with robust ratchet mechanism requires just 6 degrees movement to turn fastener

An unbeatable selection of Halfords professional tools - designed for the professional mechanic.Comes with Lifetime Guarantee.

PS I dont work for Halfords!!

Another vote here for Halfords professional socket sets and spanners. I have a 1/2" drive set and a much older and still going strong 3/8" and 1/4" drive set, as well as loads of combination and ratchet spanners too. It's all good quality kit (make sure you get the 'professional' range) and I don't think you can buy better for the same money.

I don't work for Halfords either :unsure:

I've been using mine for about 5 years now - absolutely brilliant :)

I'd buy the same again without thinking about it

My top tip is, if you buy the Halfords tool chests, the black (industrial/proffesional) ones, then the plastic case can be cut along the hinge, and both bits fit perfectly in two drawers.

Ive had exactly the same kit for 7 years now, very good, I've broken several things over the years but always by using them for purposes other than designed :-) no problems with replacing bits though..

Interestingly when I bought mine it only came with a 1 year guarantee - however they upgraded this to lifetime on all their 'professional' kits after a couple of years, even ones they had sold previously :-) well handy...

Ben

I use Halfords proffesional too. I have 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 drive socket set, plus metric and imperial spanners.

The 3/8 rachet now slips occasionally, so I'll be taking advantage of the guarantee soon.

Les.

Top Tip time!

DONT, I say DONT try to preserve your receipt by putting it through a laminator, the paper is heat sensitive and just turns black!

Halfords cant supply a copy receipt, but said they would replace without a receipt as the proffesional range is clearly different.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Top Tip time!

DONT, I say DONT try to preserve your receipt by putting it through a laminator, the paper is heat sensitive and just turns black!

Halfords cant supply a copy receipt, but said they would replace without a receipt as the proffesional range is clearly different.

I had a chat with them about this and they said that it is because they were suffering a lot of fraud (don't quite know how you would use this to defraud them?). Saying you need a receipt just means they have grounds to refuse if you look dodgy.

The manager said that i you look the part (oily, no extra eyes or fingers) you will not even be asked for a receipt.

I went in and bought another set to keep in the 90!

Si

• 5 months later...