Goblin Works Garage

V8 Freak

You can't beat copy like this, (funny bits in bold):

"About us
Welcome To Prindiville, a world of design, innovation and above all quality

Although I established Prindiville Design in 2000, my passion for the highest quality automotive engineering and craftsmanship stretches back to my childhood. I vividly remember helping my father tinker with his classic Jaguar E-type, in awe at his obsession with the fine details that help turn a good car into a great one.

I like to think that I have inherited my father’s attention to detail: it is certainly the bedrock of everything we do here at Prindiville. Without doubt I believe he passed on to me an innate fascination with engines -their sound, the way they feel to the touch, their performance potential and their mechanical sophistication.

But while we’re passionate about enhancing the dynamic capabilities of your car – through tuning the engine, exhaust, suspension, brakes, wheels and tyres – we also live and breathe superb design.

Prindiville visual tuning packages will individualise the looks of your car. We’ll help you do as little or as much as you want. New-look front and rear bumper units? We have many styles available in a choice of high quality materials. A complete redesign of your luxury car or supercar to ensure it really stands out from the crowd? Prindiville Design’s bespoke coachbuilding service can work either to your own design or supply you with stylish, creative proposals; either way, we will consult with you on every step of the journey.

What’s important to me is that all my clients get real pleasure from the finished results. That’s why I actively encourage honest, open feedback throughout the design process; I want every client to feel part of the team, part of the Prindiville family.

My thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to helping you create the car of your dreams some time soon.

Alex Prindiville, Founder & Chief Designer of Prindiville."
Yeah, so we'll just paint a car matt black and bolt on some wheel arches . . . bloody hell, what an age we live in . . . it's as if centuries of good design and aesthetics have just evaporated . . . 

On 28/01/2018 at 10:19 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Only stupid manicured hipster beards, I'm not beardist. Hell I've got one half the time purely through laziness :rolleyes:

Me too.  I have a simple view - if you're under 30, shave!  I can't stand hipsters and their piety.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2018 at 1:24 PM, mad_pete said:

I’ve never quite understood more power needs more brakes. On the race track absolutely engine puts power into speed brakes take it out on the track brakes need to keep up but on the road all engines can get to the speed limit and you should brake in plenty of time anyway.  If you want some sprinted country lane driving might cook the brakes but if you are not doing that why does accelerating more quickly to your desired speed need more stopping power?

I'm in the same camp as you, to a point.  When fitting a V8 or Tdi to a Series vehicle, for example,  I agree with you that the speed that you'll be driving won't typically be much different, just the ability to reach it sooner and maintain it uphill (where gravity assists brakes anyway) changes.  But when you massively boost a car to make it into a racer, then the speeds driven do tend to be higher, and more braking for corners tends to happen, so the heat capacity of the brakes (if not their retardation effort) has to increase.  Arguably, the same applies to re-engined Series vehicles if they were modified to allow easier towing of heavy loads.  So, as always, it depends on context.

The reason for better brakes when increasing the power of an engine is because of the increase of inertia.... and if you were to sneeze on the loud pedal on a short straight, you'd be glad of the extra stopping power ;)

And let's face it there are stupid people out there who think just as badly of people like Diesel Brothers who do stuff like this..

5a7ed9efb6fcd_DieselBrothers-UltimateCalloutChallange2016.thumb.jpg.64b9e6e7426d87c305b98d63d79e825f.jpg

From a mud pluggers point of view, heaven... from an old gits point of view does it come with a lift or ladder?? :lol: