22 hours ago, dangerous doug said:

lift with your knees when you take the pin out of the van….@landroversforever will vouch for that 

well !!! If he had had a 5yr mog axle work out he would be stronger now wouldn't he....

Pretty sure my chihuahua's could manage a landrover axle........... Or a wee bolt..........lol

Regards Stephen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

well !!! If he had had a 5yr mog axle work out he would be stronger now wouldn't he....

Pretty sure my chihuahua's could manage a landrover axle........... Or a wee bolt..........lol

Regards Stephen

….did you lift the pin though? Everytime I have to change one on site I consider quitting, and to be fair, Ross has arms Like mister tickle and leverage works both ways 😂

for context, this is where it goes

IMG_7149.jpeg.11984650cbf59178ff5b55a5937d26c8.jpeg

I know it’s more work but I do have some 404 wheels you can have if you want to do a similar thing to what you did before. They’re just sitting outside so would rather they get some use if it helps

EDIT: looks like you could cut the centres out and weld them Straight to the 17s

2 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

I think Sid is quite a bit wider than the 110....

Only if you're going straight. There were certain bits at Seven Sisters where we weren't driving forward through trees :hysterical:

2 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

I know it’s more work but I do have some 404 wheels you can have if you want to do a similar thing to what you did before. They’re just sitting outside so would rather they get some use if it helps

You liked him that much you've waited until @Stellaghost has got home so he's got to come down again.

6 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

EDIT: looks like you could cut the centres out and weld them Straight to the 17s

I like the thought process.........

However there is nothing on a mog rim I can use, wrong bolt pattern 20" rim

Regards Stephen

13 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

get him to leave behind some of his work ethic😂

Your better off without it at the moment, my work.ethic has been rubbish this year so far...

Regards Stephen

10 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

I like the thought process.........

However there is nothing on a mog rim I can use, wrong bolt pattern 20" rim

Regards Stephen

You’ll be able to use the centres to get the positive offset and also caliper clearance then convert the pcd for the hub again no?

I have two plans of attack up my sleeve...

1st, dismantle one rim and see how far I can push things

2nd, knock up some flat plate inners on the lathe or mill using rotary table

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

Dimple die the wheel holes the other way to mount the wheels back to front?

Won't work, angle of wheel centres will catch brake calipers, that was my first check..

Regards Stephen

12 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Watch it, he's probably done it already. 

It’s been done, I have a photo somewhere😂 due to the modular construction of the 404s it was a beautifully simple conversion and seemed to work well!

nah he has a v8 to put into it first😂

• Like 1