I think I still have the d2 sliding caliper that I was looking at using which I can pop in the post if you like. It takes a lot of space inboard though which is why I opted to use the willwood set with wolf wheels. 

i will say that you’re shooting for one of the narrowest pcd/disk conversions I’ve ever seen on a 404. I thought i did well with the face of the rim sitting about 20mm in from the hub nut. Like I say if it helps I do still have the mog wheels that you can cut the centres out of an modify the “spokes” and pcd like you did on the last set

• Like 1

I'm just astonished Stephen hasn't just narrowed the axle casing. 

I mean... You shortened the diffs, the casing should a piece of cake? 

1 hour ago, dangerous doug said:

I think I still have the d2 sliding caliper that I was looking at using which I can pop in the post if you like. It takes a lot of space inboard 

No need to post caliper, a measurement from pad braking surface to outside of called bracket would be good though

Regards Stephen

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

I'm just astonished Stephen hasn't just narrowed the axle casing. 

I mean... You shortened the diffs, the casing should a piece of cake? 

One thing stopping me narrowing the axles, my lathe does not have the length to make new halfshafts also if I shorten axle tubes I will need to undo my road wheels and re-make/ position spring mounts etc.

Modifying the new wheels and re-jigging the brakes is relatively straight forward in comparison

I like the look with the 20" mogrover rims, I'm really only looking at minor alterations to fit my off road 40" tyres

Regards Stephen

Edit...do you also like popcorn..............lol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

To most folk minor alterations are swapping tyres for some chunky ones. Not building new wheels from scratch.

Normal*

Incase you've not noticed Stella's brain operates a bit differently to a normal person 😂

Edited by Stinkfloyd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

To most folk minor alterations are swapping tyres for some chunky ones. Not building new wheels from scratch.

11 minutes ago, Stinkfloyd said:

Normal*

Incase you've not noticed Stella's brain operates a bit differently to a normal person 😂

What can I say.....guess I'm mentally impaired.......

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

Your are exceptionally gifted, if that's an impairment, there should be more of it about.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...