Yes I did, but maybe not my brightest moment. Especially as I've only ordered 4 instead of 5 and they still haven't been mounted, let alone used. 😞 Cost me a fair bit as well to get them shipped and through customs.

What I did was contact various companies offering the tyres I wanted until I found one willing to ship to Belgium and list them as agricultural tyres to be able to pass EU regulations. I had similar problems recently getting some Chevy parts. Plenty of sellers, but very few offering shipping to EU. In the end I had to resort to E-bay.

@Stellaghost it's probably worth speaking to Vince the owner of Speedshift.

That's a pallet shipping company but he recently set up a company that just deals with import / export logistics and paperwork. He's probably the best placed to know about the requirements and how much it's going to cost.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jamie_grieve said:

@Stellaghost Hey, it’s been a while, great to see the progress you’ve made. I have a splitfire ECU and wiring harness and remote oil filter housing sat unused. I ended up going with a 1KZ-TE that I built a manual pump for and the 1UZ-FE got swapped for a spare 1KZ-TE but I still have everything for it, I think….
Anyway, I’m home on leave 24th Jan-8th Feb if it’s any use you can pop over to Crawford and have it as I don’t see me using it now. I’m half way into an LS project if I ever get the chance to do anything to it and I went with megasquirt for it.

Hi Jamie

Nice to see your still around, very generous of you regarding the splitfire ecu etc, will look at my work schedule and arrange a day to pop over.

Would be cool to have a look at your monster tyred creation if possible..

Regards Stephen

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 11:03 PM, Jamie_grieve said:

@Stellaghost Hey, it’s been a while, great to see the progress you’ve made. I have a splitfire ECU and wiring harness and remote oil filter housing sat unused. I ended up going with a 1KZ-TE that I built a manual pump for and the 1UZ-FE got swapped for a spare 1KZ-TE but I still have everything for it, I think….
Anyway, I’m home on leave 24th Jan-8th Feb if it’s any use you can pop over to Crawford and have it as I don’t see me using it now. I’m half way into an LS project if I ever get the chance to do anything to it and I went with megasquirt for it.

@Jamie_grieve you have a pm

Regards Stephen 

I've found a set of Michelin truck tyres on Facebook market place:

They are X-force tyres 335/80 R20 (12.5/R20).

Located in East sussex.

These again could be too hard and not pliable enough.

Nothing to do we me, just found them on facebook.

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve200TDi said:

I've found a set of Michelin truck tyres on Facebook market place:

They are X-force tyres 335/80 R20 (12.5/R20).

Located in East sussex.

These again could be too hard and not pliable enough.

Nothing to do we me, just found them on facebook.

Steve

Unfortunately I don't do Facebook and no intentions of joining, however I can see market place has it's used

Nice spot..I really need light truck tyres due to Sid not being the massively heavy holocaust roach squasher we all thought he was going to be..........

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Unfortunately I don't do Facebook and no intentions of joining, however I can see market place has it's used

Nice spot..I really need light truck tyres due to Sid not being the massively heavy holocaust roach squasher we all thought he was going to be..........

Regards Stephen

I thought that maybe the case. I'll carry on the search.

Steve

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2024 at 1:56 PM, Stellaghost said:

WOW, many thanks to all of you...

My Mog axle thread managed over 250,000 views today...

When I started the build thread I never anticipated or expected as much interest... I feel humbled by the sheer volume of views

Again thanks to all who have contributed and supported this build thread

Regards Stephen

Late to the party as always but massive congrats! 

250,000 views... see what you can see when you don't insult everyone! 😂

It's well deserved though, will see sid in the flesh soon!

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2018 at 9:32 AM, Stellaghost said:

Have purchased a pair of 404's to put under a lightweight obviously lots of thought and work required probably end up with a longweight my question is  do you flip the front axle to better align the diff with prop if so I was considering swapping the tubes instead dont know if any one has looked at this as an option I appreciate the axle tubes are double skinned  and will involve more work making jigs etc

What an innocuous post to start this thread with.... 

Anyway! 

How's progress Stephen? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

What an innocuous post to start this thread with.... 

Anyway! 

How's progress Stephen? 

Non existent  at the moment.......

usual life issues taking precedence, work, out of fettle etc

Hoping to get back into it by the end of the month

still trolling the net for a front axle for rear steering, contemplating having a shot at making my own

Regards Stephen

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Non existent  at the moment.......

usual life issues taking precedence, work, out of fettle etc

Hoping to get back into it by the end of the month

still trolling the net for a front axle for rear steering, contemplating having a shot at making my own

Regards Stephen

I know a guy local to me with a set for sale. Can work out a deal and go half’s if you want?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bowie69 said:

Glad to hear there's sill plans afoot, get well fella and just keep us in the loop with the continuing madness :)

I meant to add..... If there's a chance I can help you out, just shout. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Glad to hear there's sill plans afoot, get well fella and just keep us in the loop with the continuing madness :)

Always plans afoot where Sid's concerned...........lol

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

I know a guy local to me with a set for sale. Can work out a deal and go half’s if you want?

Wouldn't hurt to know how much we are talking about

Regards Stephen

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

I might be diverting that sort of direction in a couple of weeks if you'd like them collecting and chucking on a pallet.

I'll keep that in mind Ed, guy not got back to me yet, as out of the country until the 12th

Thanks very much

Regards Stephen

My meeting is on the 12th, likely in the South East so would probably be heading back on the weekend. Haven't worked out complete logistics yet.