You could try Fieldensotrltd.co.uk , not far from me and have been in the flotation tyre trade since they brought the first Terra-tyres into the UK. Mainly AG/Plant but they might tack yours onto an import order? 

Off-roaded with the founder of the business in the '80's

Steve

2 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

They are about but they are a dumper tyre. I dont know what they’re called but they’re a less open chevron pattern. Or you can try and find what The zil 131 use

https://mortarinvestments.eu/catalog/item/zil-131-12-20?

or there are things like the Michelin xzl

IIRC These are also a michelin but I forget what they’re called

IMG_6038.jpeg.e55be555acb4882d41f1e808a4976c51.jpeg

i think these are "XCL" 

HardAsNails I think?

As discussed before, Sid needs a tyre suitable for the weight of the truck (which Stephen still needs to confirm ;) ) Current tyres have massively stiff sidewalls which on a <2 ton rig don't want to flex..... even at 5PSI.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

They are about but they are a dumper tyre. I dont know what they’re called but they’re a less open chevron pattern. Or you can try and find what The zil 131 use

https://mortarinvestments.eu/catalog/item/zil-131-12-20?

or there are things like the Michelin xzl

IIRC These are also a michelin but I forget what they’re called

IMG_6038.jpeg.e55be555acb4882d41f1e808a4976c51.jpeg

Like the look of them but ideally I want light truck tyres where the side walls will flex Sid is not as heavy as we were expecting......lol

Regards Stephen

5 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

HardAsNails I think?

As discussed before, Sid needs a tyre suitable for the weight of the truck (which Stephen still needs to confirm ;)

I thought I had at 1740kg

Regards Stephen

Had a bit of a hunt of my usual suspects, short story is.... for anything on a 20" rim they tend to be max 35" tyres, if you want 37" or over you really ought to drop down to a 17.... then you may stand a chance of getting something this side of the pond.

Maxxis, Milestar, Goodrich are all pretty much the same in this respect, I guess it comes down to carcass availability.

17 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Were you not waiting to get some floor scales? Or am I misremembering?

Not floor scales, I was looking to get a smaller scale to get a truer weight of axles, the scale I used for the body was physically too big to get what I would consider accurate axle weights, it's fairly moot though as I was very happy with how the Fox shockers performed

Regards Stephen

3 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Had a bit of a hunt of my usual suspects, short story is.... for anything on a 20" rim they tend to be max 35" tyres, if you want 37" or over you really ought to drop down to a 17.... then you may stand a chance of getting something this side of the pond.

Maxxis, Milestar, Goodrich are all pretty much the same in this respect, I guess it comes down to carcass availability.

My findings as well unfortunately, I wonder if it is possible to find anything in Europe....?

Regards Stephen

Just now, Bowie69 said:

I had looked at them but showing no stock, I'm in no rush if I'm patient something will come up, it usually does

Regards Stephen

4 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

My findings as well unfortunately, I wonder if it is possible to find anything in Europe....?

Regards Stephen

Managed to find one so far, also a stupid looking tyre sadly:

https://www.pneus.be/nl/nitto-mud-grappler-37x13.50-r20-121p--2793602

Nothing bigger than that yet, unless Ag stuff.

Might also be worth searching in metric? 40x13.5R20 is about 345/75R20.

A long time ago now Dirtydiesel lent me a set of 255r16 XZL's and they were... not good.

Probably last a million miles on a Land Rover and bullets would bounce off them, but they were definitely designed for something weighing 7.5t or more, even when one of my rims sprang a leak and let all the air out the truck was still sitting level on 0psi :lol: and they didn't have much bite off-road at all, I'd reckon BFG AT's would have done better!

6 hours ago, steve b said:

You could try Fieldensotrltd.co.uk , not far from me and have been in the flotation tyre trade since they brought the first Terra-tyres into the UK. Mainly AG/Plant but they might tack yours onto an import order? 

Off-roaded with the founder of the business in the '80's

Steve

One more time

Steve

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TD5toV8110 said:

The obvious solution for Stephen is.....

Just make your own tyres! 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers

Dave🤪

Do not tempt the man...  He wil just make some mold's and start building carcasses for everybody who would like a set . Sid wil never spring to life again

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TD5toV8110 said:

The obvious solution for Stephen is.....

Just make your own tyres! 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers

Dave🤪

For heavens sake don't stir them up Dave.......lol

Regards Stephen

• Haha 1

I mean I have some regroovable 48" tyres available... but I dunno how much they would flex when the vehicle weighs about as much as the tyre is rated for 🤣

• Haha 1