12 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Was also looking at some 39.5 16.5 17 pitbull's, tyres only, just think they would be way too wide

I remember Dirtydiesel buying a set of them as they looked great but he ditched them very quickly for being "bl**dy useless", make of that what you will.

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I remember Dirtydiesel buying a set of them as they looked great but he ditched them very quickly for being "bl**dy useless", make of that what you will.

No idea if it was DDs experience, but they look like a tread pattern that would fill up and stay filled? 

21 hours ago, landroversforever said:

image.jpeg.836fef892d11a08253702589766feb6c.jpeg

My mate had a 90 on 20" rapper alloys and low profile ATs... in deep mud it sort of worked like a paddle steamer lol

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

According to the web tread depth is 16mm and the centre can be re-cut to a depth of 10mm

Regards Stephen

That would be correct. Measured for you today….

doesnt even register on the tyre gauge

IMG_7028.thumb.jpeg.3e9ebb71968d7f162d9ee99777fc45b3.jpeg

and where I got confused, side lugs are massive

IMG_7030.thumb.jpeg.53d045e0448547b42e59b2a9f19e1ae8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update everyone. Stephen is safely in the south and on his way to collect tyres. Had a chat, half shafts handed over and had a discussion about the dirty active speed cameras around the m25. 

was a pleasure to meet you mate, safe journey and lift with your knees when you take the pin out of the van….@landroversforever will vouch for that 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

For clarity, those are 225/45/17 on the audi. 

For clarity.......there was definitely a hint of Audi monster truck madness lurking around in deepest darkest Somerset......lol

Regards Stephen

1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

For clarity.......there was definitely a hint of Audi monster truck madness lurking around in deepest darkest Somerset......lol

Regards Stephen

Maybe @Bowie69 is contemplating the Audi because it has a sensible braking system :ph34r:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Maybe @Bowie69 is contemplating the Audi because it has a sensible braking system :ph34r:

Well, it is a quattro.... Don't think I haven't though about building a 5 cylinder turbo independent suspension buggy... 

FWIW it had hydro boost from factory, but too expensive to fix when it went wrong, so runs a normal servo now. 

3 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Well, it is a quattro.... Don't think I haven't though about building a 5 cylinder turbo independent suspension buggy... 

Well I've got a P38 chassis you could chop up into a buggy... 

12 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Well I've got a P38 chassis you could chop up into a buggy... 

More likely to be a tube frame very lightweight thing... 

I do give myself some work............

Had a quick measure up this morning, it there present form the treps and rims are going to stick out 6" either side, increasing my carefully fabricated width by  12" in total. ........that will not do.....

Tyres are going to have to come off and wheel centres removed and repositioned, I don't think I will get these as inboard as previous ones, however that doesn't really matter as they will be for off road use only do the cheeky/ taking the p%%s scale will not be required

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

I do give myself some work............

Had a quick measure up this morning, it there present form the treps and rims are going to stick out 6" either side, increasing my carefully fabricated width by  12" in total. ........that will not do.....

Tyres are going to have to come off and wheel centres removed and repositioned, I don't think I will get these as inboard as previous ones, however that doesn't really matter as they will be for off road use only do the cheeky/ taking the p%%s scale will not be required

Regards Stephen

13 minutes ago, Daan said:

We require pictures.

This information is useless with out pictures😂