1 minute ago, elbekko said:

I'm in for the pictures of 5 40" Treps stacked in/around LGT.

Easier to take the set off LGT and stow them and then drive home on the 40's :ph34r: would be quite a picture too!

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Easier to take the set off LGT and stow them and then drive home on the 40's :ph34r: would be quite a picture too!

Yep

TGT has a nice ring to it.......

That's TALL if you struggling....lol

Regards Stephen 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, dangerous doug said:

IMG_7018.thumb.jpeg.bf1b57fb7825dbe4cf74f8e5dedad4e8.jpeg

26 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

image.jpeg.836fef892d11a08253702589766feb6c.jpeg

Whilst their wheels are impressive they are not going to get me up the tracks at 7s......having said that nothing is getting me up there at the moment...... lol

Regards Stephen 

Ps how deep are the treads on treps  from new

Regards Stephen 

1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

Whilst their wheels are impressive they are not going to get me up the tracks at 7s......having said that nothing is getting me up there at the moment...... lol

Regards Stephen 

Ps how deep are the treads on treps  from new

Regards Stephen 

Couldn’t say how deep really….30-40mm maybe? Deep enough to class it as aggressive and make it stand out. The sidewall lugs are what makes them good though

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

Couldn’t say how deep really….30-40mm maybe? Deep enough to class it as aggressive and make it stand out. The sidewall lugs are what makes them good though

That seems deep, I measured a brand new bfg mud at just over 15mm

Regards Stephen

Been studying the pictures, one of the tyres looks to have aggressive side lugs, the other 4 do not in assuming these are m+s ones, assuming they will still be ok

Regards Stephen

Ah hold up. There are 3 types! bias ply, radials and sticky’s. I’m pretty sure the radials are the less aggressive road bias tyre without the side lugs and they(imo) are totally pointless

IMG_7021.thumb.jpeg.ef6c57b7477c45c5ed691281c54143b0.jpeg

IMG_7020.jpeg.e6274b39f1b4ced5119b4c4c8b0fbba5.jpeg

pitbulls are a snazzy looking tyre. But as you say, wide! there was a guy running them on his challenge truck many years ago and he seemed to do ok. 

those radial treps would serve a purpose in getting you a taller tyre with more side wall but would you regret it later?

another option to consider…

IMG_7022.thumb.jpeg.f3a1cc91e7d08942fd33e56cd47961b8.jpeg

What's the date stamp on the Treps?

They get hard after sitting a while...

(Motorcycle background, I have brand new never used 5+ year old tyres on a project bike. They will go in the bin prior to riding the bike...😐)

Cheers

Dave

10 hours ago, dangerous doug said:

pitbulls are a snazzy looking tyre. But as you say, wide! there was a guy running them on his challenge truck many years ago and he seemed to do ok. 

those radial treps would serve a purpose in getting you a taller tyre with more side wall but would you regret it later?

another option to consider…

IMG_7022.thumb.jpeg.f3a1cc91e7d08942fd33e56cd47961b8.jpeg

I've looked at them, however they only do one 17" at 31" tall , guess they might expand their range at some point in the future

Regards Stephen