Pointing out the obvious but when you consider that you've bought half a foot of clearance in total and there are advantages to not having huge offset for things like bearings living a bit longer, seems plenty worthwhile to me.

Besides, I'm sure you can make some lightweight arch eyebrow extensions out of the glacis plate of a MK10 Chieftain tank.

With so much low down weight, I doubt you’ll have any lateral stability problems from the width reduction, and I can’t see it reducing available steering lock, but it will get you through tighter gaps/canes.

• Like 1

That seems alright, my back still has PTSD from the 40" Boggers on Mouse <_< No clue what those actually weighed though, probably similar.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, landroversforever said:

That's not too bad at all! How does it compare to the modified mog rim?

Modified mog rim and swamper tyre weigh in at 57.6kg, so quite a bit of weight in the mogrover 20" rim

When the 40" wheels are on Sid I will only gain an additional 28kg

Happy with that....

Regards Stephen 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

They really do look great Stephen! 

They remind me of these wheels from Method…. Only I think your holes/location of holes look waaaaaay better balanced.

image.thumb.jpeg.891fdd02107f55b6928cd04e54e71a66.jpeg

Damn, now you tell me I could have bought them.........

Regards Stephen

• Haha 1

If the point of the last few weeks wasn't that they're DIY, I wouldn't have thought they were. In my terms, that's the highest compliment I could receive so hopefully it's what you aimed for.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThreePointFive said:

If the point of the last few weeks wasn't that they're DIY, I wouldn't have thought they were. In my terms, that's the highest compliment I could receive so hopefully it's what you aimed for.

Thank you, very generous

Regards Stephen