7 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Performance question:

I know you won’t be short of momentum … but what engine are you running ? 

At the moment a bog standard 200tdi

Although I do plan some tuning to help thing, have a full length Ali sport intercooler and will be speaking to you guys with regards to boost pins and fueling etc

Refitting a v8 is also on the cards who knows regards Stephen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TD5toV8110 said:

Incredible work Stephen!

What are your thoughts regarding welding nuke spec brackets to ancient rusty ≤2mm thick chassis?

Sturdy backing plates first? 

Cheers

Dave

Thank you

That ancient rusty is 3 mm plates I used to join chassis together when I shortened it many moons ago from 100" to 88" lol

however I take your point, I am planning to upgrade as a bare minimum back to sound 3 or 4mm plate, my nuke mounts are longer than standard so that they will attatch to more of the chassis and therefore be stronger, that's the plan anyway regards Stephen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TD5toV8110 said:

Incredible work Stephen!

What are your thoughts regarding welding nuke spec brackets to ancient rusty ≤2mm thick chassis?

Sturdy backing plates first? 

Cheers

Dave

I made this mistake 😆 🤣 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

At the moment a bog standard 200tdi

Although I do plan some tuning to help thing, have a full length Ali sport intercooler and will be speaking to you guys with regards to boost pins and fueling etc

Refitting a v8 is also on the cards who knows regards Stephen 

Petrol or diesel? 

Although I haven't got around to it yet and I know @Bowie69 agrees, I'd strongly consider a 1UZ-FE or 3UZ out of a Lexus rather than a Rover offering. Although space might be an issue in your case as its a very big square engine (700mm in all three axis).

In standard form it offers Tdi levels of torque across the band (crucially starting from 1000rpm) and a silly red line. Perhaps more importantly the factory ECU will run the engine out of the vehicle so no need to buy after market ECUs just to get it running. I sourced a donor car for £550 running which has everything required whereas to achieve something similar with a 4.6 it was looking at close to 4x that.

• Thanks 1